Sleeping Outside Is Not Fun

As I jogged back to the cabin that Nora lived in, I smelt the air for her scent. She wasn't home.

Where could she be?

Panic rose in me and I almost transformed into a wolf for wanting to go faster. I reached the cabin and sniffed all around in hopes of finding her. The front door was locked and I was about to break it down when I noticed that her truck was missing. I wondered if she went into town. What if she went to someone's house?

I made a quick decision and climbed out of my clothes. I folded them up nicely then transformed into my light gray wolf skin. I hurried on a trail I noticed was made by the Blue Ridge Pack and quickly made my way to town, trying to pick up my mate's unforgettable scent.

Once I was behind a store that I spotted Nora's truck at, I quickly changed back to human and got my clothes on before someone noticed a naked man in an alley. I tried not to worry about the fact that I didn't have any shoes on.

I made my way to the street and as I walked up to the entrance of the store, I tried spotting Nora in the window. A little bell rang when I opened the door and I about gasped at all the traps on the walls and stands.

Nora was at the register buying something that was already in a brown bag that displayed the store's name. "Nora!" I called out. My mate turned around with a bothered look on her face. I frowned.

"Why are you in town?" She asked as I made my way towards her.

"Looking for you!" I grumpily claimed with a fold of my large arms. The clerk at the register glanced between us. He was young, maybe around my age and I snarled at him for checking my girl out.

"Why?" She asked. Good question. Why was I looking for her? Why was I so worried about her?

I looked away and admitted, "Because I was worried about you. You didn't tell me you were going into town."

"Well you didn't tell me when you'd be back from ... exploring."

"Scouting."

"Same thing." She turned back to the stupid clerk and smiled. She was smiling at him! Not at me, her mate, but at a complete loser working in a trap shop that carries weapons and traps that hunt my own brothers.

"Thank you." The stupid register said with a stupid smile of his own after Nora paid. "Come again, Nora."

"Bye Danny, will do!" I rolled my eyes at her lame goodbye to the incompetent boy and grabbed her wrist. I pulled her out of the store and to her truck. "What's wrong?" She asked once I let go of her small wrist. I wanted to keep holding it but reluctantly let go.

"You were flirting with him."

"Oh my gosh. I'm not even gonna defend myself because that is just plain stupidity." She unlocked her door and I held onto it before she could close it on me.

"I don't want you talking to other guys." I brazenly admitted. I knew it was my inner wolf demanding it and also demanding the human in me that Nora was right for me.

"That's bold of you to request." She scoffed. "I want a lot of things out of you, too, Red." My ears perked up at her use of my name. Her usual names for me consisted of "wolfy" and "buddy." I hate those, but ... her calling me by my real name just did something to my insides.

"What are the traps for?" I asked.

"It's poison. I have mice in my greenhouse." I just nodded. "I'll see you at the house."

"Wait, you're not gonna let me ride with you?"

"Nope, no shirt, no shoes, no service. And you are without shoes, my man." She snickered and shut her driver's door. I watched as she waved goodbye with a petty smile. I went behind the store and told myself that I would make it back to the cabin before her.