Chapter One

Liya couldn't remember how long she'd been tied up for.

The man who'd caught her off guard had yet to show his face. It was a mistake, a stupid one at that, and she felt embarrassed that this coward of a human being had managed to surprise her like this.

Originally, she was only supposed to be gone three days and instead had managed to get herself captured.

She was sure Nicky and Joe were concerned, but also know that since her last words to them were, "I just need some alone time," they probably didn't think anything of it.

Guilt consumed her more than the pain. She hated not keeping her word. Despite the fact that she was immortal, the boys fretted for her quite a bit.

It was because she was a few decades older than them. Ever since they heard the story of Andy's friend that died, any time one of them lost their life, they were anxious to see if it would be their last.

Footsteps approached quickly from outside the door and tucked her chin to her chest. She knew that if they believed that she was dead again, they would lower their guard.

Ice cold water was thrown at her, and still, she refused to move. From the slight opening of her eye, she could see one of the big guys' lackeys moving forward.

He was nervous, his hands shaking. Yet still, he moved towards her until he was close enough for her to feel his breath.

"Rise and shine!"

She kept quiet and allowed him to push at her head. The stupid man was clearly new. He turned his back as soon as he saw no movement, and that was when she decided to strike.

A loud crack echoed through the room, and before the man could move, she had wrapped her legs around his shoulders and pulled him back. Wrapping the chains with her now free hand and pulling until she heard the satisfying crunch.

The other side was quick to move. Her wrist broke easier with the force of her other hand, and she could slip it through.

Liya grunts as the sword that had nestled in her chest moved at her freedom, and she looked down at it. The bastards had stabbed her with her own sword. Something she would not forgive.

The sound of the new guys body dropping must've alerted the others, as she could hear the shouts of the boss's men coming towards her.

With a small scream of pain, she managed to pull the sword from her chest, stumbling slightly as she did so, and ready herself for the oncoming fight.

A fiery anger settled in her stomach, though it was probably the stab wound, and she felt almost sorry for the men she was about to kill.

It was quick work, too. They did not seem as trained as she had thought. Now, she was more embarrassed than angry because how could someone with so little ability manage to store her away for this long.

She pulled the sword from one of the lackeys throats and pushed her wa y to the one door she wanted.

It took her a few tries. But finally, the door gave way, and she walked through slowly to find her target.

A shot rang out, and Liya collapsed. This time, the wound was in her leg. She threw her sword in the direction of the short and smiled widely at the shout of pain that answered.

Pushing herself up, she moved towards the large man on the floor. He was red in the face, the sword in his shoulder, and his wide blue eyes were darting manically between her and the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she sympathised. "Here, let me help."

She stalked forward and gripped the handle with a gentle force. "You're Aaron, right?" He gurgled a yes in response.