Chapter Two

The ride back was completely silent. Liya had rested her head during the flight, and as soon as they touched down, Booker was there to greet her.

He pulled her into a hug and detailed the situation they were currently in. She wasn't sure if Andy would agree, but perhaps the thought of working together as a group again would make her agree.

Walking through the narrow streets, Liya explained what had happened. Booker agreed that it was strange they had surprised her the way they did, but ultimately was very happy when she told him they were all dead.

Despite being hundreds of years older, Booker had a habit of treating her like a little sister. There was no complaint, of course. She had missed having siblings. Even now, when she struggles to remember the faces of her family, Booker reminds her just how easily siblings would annoy you.

He offered to return and make sure they were all dead, but Liya reminded him that all she wanted was to see Joe and Nicky.

Morocco was a beautiful place, but the winding road that Booker had led her down was small enough that her knees would knock against the walls every time he made a wrong move.

Aaliyah stopped in her tracks when a familiar figure came into view. She was immediately recognisable; short dark hair and a confident walk, it could only be one person.

Andy.

They sped up, and She laughed happily when Booker swerved in front of her, cutting her off. Her eyes move from him to Liya, a small smile curving at her lips as she takes them in.

Wasting no time, Liya discarded the bike and threw herself into the awaiting arms of her older friend. She wrapped her arms around her back and held her tight for a moment before pulling back and holding the back of her neck in a caring grip.

"You're okay?"

"I'm okay. I missed you."

"You good?" He asked the oldest member.

She walked closer, and Liya followed behind, swinging an arm around her shoulders, "Yeah."

Book chuckled, "Yeah? you travel?"

"Yeah, and I got you something."

Andy nudged Liya's arm off and rummaged through her bag, handing him a worn-looking book.

He hummed in delight as he looked at it, "First edition Don Quixonte,thatt couldn't have been cheap."

She sent him a smile and wrapped her arms back around her shoulders. "I missed you too,  Li." She handed over a small box and shoved it into her hands.

"I kept hold of it for you."

Liya gasped in delight and opened the box to find the one precious item she had not brought with her. A hair pin with a dragon design that both of her boys had designed themselves. A present for her hundredth birthday.

Andy then turned to Booker, ignoring the watering eyes of Liya. "So why am I here, Booker?"

He let out a small sigh, "You remember Surabaya eight years ago, right?"

"CIA," Andy recalled, still walking towards their destination.

"Yeah. The guy who hired us, James Copley, reached out. He's freelance now. He has a hostage situation in South Sudan. "

Andy stopped in her tracks, "No Booker. We don't do repeats," She looked at him disapprovingly, "You both know that it's too risky. You know what can happen," She looked pointedly in Liya's direction. Booker's shoulders fell.

Liya placed a hand on her shoulder, "Andy.... People need us, we have to, we can't just walk away. " She sighed and turned her head in thought. "Joe and Nicky?"

Her heart jumped at their names. She felt intoxicated and eager. All she wanted was to be with them again.

Liya turned to Book expectantly, "Their both at the hotel."

A grin grew on her face when she turned and walked away, leading them through the open square of the hotel's forecourt.

Booker smiled, giving her a proud nod, and followed behind.

Taking a deep breath, she followed nervously.