Chapter Eighteen

Josiah had just returned from the hospital after going to check up on Naomi. Sam was also with him because according to her, her best friend is sick.

"Are you okay sir?" Andy asked when they made it to the house.

"Yes, thank you for asking," Josiah said exiting the car.

"Do you need anything else, sir?" Andy asked Josiah who was making his way into the house.

"No thanks Andy, you can go home to your family," Josiah said to him.

As apart of the deal they signed to work with Josiah, he bought each of them a car.

Josiah made his way into his empty house. After work, he was hoping to have a great relaxing day but instead Bianca kept bothering him.

She constantly called him about the baby that may or may not be his. But there was a higher chance that the baby would not be his.

"Hello," he answered her call for the fourth time today which is a broken record.

"Will you be at the appointment?" she asks knowing he will say no.

"How many times have I said it when I take the DNA test in a week then I will figure out my next steps if the child is mine," Josiah told her.

Bianca smiled receiving the answer that she wanted to hear. She knew he would refuse to come unless he is sure the child is his.

"I tried," she said with a smirk.

Josiah ended the call and walked up to his room after fixing the alarm system.

His mind drifted to Naomi and her condition. He remembered the doctor saying she should be on bed rest for two days and then she will be right back on her feet.

Naomi was sitting on the hospital bed eating jello and pudding. The food was disgusting but the doctors warned her against eating anything too fast.

According to them, she had food poisoning but she couldn't remember eating anything contaminated or expired.

She was surprised when Caralyn and Tony came to visit her. She didn't know they cared for her that much.

Josiah came to visit her which did not surprise her that much. Andy told her that he was worried about her well-being so when he came through the door she was more shocked than surprised.

FLASHBACK

Naomi exited out of the hospital bathroom that is attached to her room.

When she closed the door behind her she saw something floating in the corner of her eyes.

She quickly turned around to see Josiah holding some get well soon balloons and flowers.

"Here let me help you," he said placing the flowers at the side of her bed.

He helped her to get onto the bed and even took the initiative of fluffing her pillows.

"Thank you," she said blushing. She thanked God for her dark complexion which made it impossible for him to see it.

Although Josiah couldn't see her blushing he could tell by the way her eyes would twinkle when he stared at her.

"Did you get all your work done?" she asked trying to make conversation.

"I did but it wasn't the same," he said causing her to smile. She shifted on the bed and patted the side beside her for him to sit.

He took a seat next to her trying not to hurt her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her staring at the IV pole that she was connected to.

"I am fine, am just so ready to leave this place," she said unknowingly placing her head on his shoulders. Her sleeping medicine was starting to affect her and she didn't know how long it would last.

"Naomi" the door opened and Sam entered the room. Josiah quickly stood up from the spot he was sitting in.

"How are you feeling?" she asked avoiding Josiah's eye contact.

Josiah stared at Sam and he couldn't help to have a bad feeling.

"Sleepy" Naomi answered.

"I can see, I wish I could have been here with you," she said lying.

"It's okay. I had Ms. Caralyn and Tony to visit me" she told Sam which shocked her.

"Why was Ms. Caralyn here? How do you know her?" she started firing questions at her.

"I just do" Naomi answered not trying to get into too much information.

"Oh," Sam said before realizing Josiah was still standing there.

"I will keep her company," Sam told Josiah who only ignored her and took a seat on the empty chair.

"Don't worry, I don't mind?" he told her unwilling to leave her with Sam. He had a gut feeling and whenever he has one, he is never wrong.

Sam shrugged her shoulders before hugging Naomi snd leaving the room.

She sent a quick text to her friend who only left her on read after receiving the news.

"She is up to something," Josiah told Naomi.

"Why do you say that?" she asked half asleep.

"Something is not right with her," he said and Naomi only nodded her head.

"Okay," she replied before she was knocked out.

Josiah watched her sleep before the doctor came into the room.

The doctor was shocked to see him, but living in Los Angeles you get to see celebrities very often.

"Any news on what caused the food poisoning?" he asked and the doctor looked through the files.

"We did find something".

FLASHBACK ENDS

She groaned when she heard her phone ringing again for the tenth time. Monica kept calling her but she has been ignoring the calls.

She rolled her eyes and picked up the phone to answer it.

"What is it?" she asked not in the mood to talk to her.

"Is that a way to speak to me?" she could hear Monica ask and others in the background agreeing.

"I shouldn't even be speaking to you at all" Naomi told her.

"Little girl-" Monica started but Naomi cut her off.

"Am not a little girl anymore, Monica" she said smugly.

"I don't appreciate you talking to my mother like that" she heard her Brandon, her brother said.

"Well tell your mother to stop calling my phone" she replied and ended the call.

She didn't even know these people and they are already starting unnecessary problems with her.

For the rest of the time, Naomi sat in boredom not knowing what to do.

There was a knock on the door before her doctor came inside.

"Ms. Campbell, how are you feeling?" doctor Sanders asked.

"Like am ready to go home" Naomi replied causing doctor Sanders to start laughing.

"I spoke to your boyfriend earlier-" the doctor said before Naomi cuts in.

"B-boyfriend?" she asked skeptically.

"Yea, Mr. Maelburn".