Chapter Forty-One

"So how is everything going?" Monica said trying to make conversation.

"Great actually," Naomi said smiling at the memory she had but she was not willing to go into details with them.

Devontae was on the other side staring at her weirdly and it made her uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" she asked him and by the movement, she could tell that Monica kicked him.

She took her glass of water and took a sip.

"Yeah" he answered and she nodded.

"Why did we need this big table?" she asked and Naomi shrugged innocently.

"I have a few people I want you guys to meet," she said not missing the smirk on Devontae's face.

"Really?" Monica asked thinking she knew who it was.

The alarm on the door went off signaling that people just came inside. Naomi turned and saw that it was Najomi and her real parents.

Monica's face began to turn pale when she saw who entered the restaurant.

"Are you doing okay?" Naomi asked her this time and she started hyperventilating.

"Yes," she answered hoping that they would not be spotted but that all went out the door when they started making their way to Naomi's table.

Devontae looked down avoiding eye contact and his forehead was beginning to sweat.

Naomi stood up and pulled everyone into a hug while.

"Monica these are my real birth parents, Christine and Winston although you should already know that. This is my twin sister Najomi" Naomi said wearing a smirk.

"W-what? H-how?" she started stuttering.

Devontae tried to get up but Monica would not move a muscle.

"Nice seeing you again," Christine said bitterly taking a look at the woman. She was one of the nurses in the delivery room.

"We should go," she said trying to stand up.

"I don't think so. You walk out of this restaurant and there is an FBI team waiting to pick you up" Winston said for the first time.

Caesar was able to put his team together just in case they tried to escape.

"Why are you doing this?" Monica cried with tears falling down her cheeks.

"The question is why did you do it?" Najomi said after analyzing the pair who sat in front of her.

"She doesn't have to answer anything" Devontae spoke this time looking Najomi in the eye. He was trying to intimidate her but she would never be intimidated by him.

"You don't intimidate me" she spat and he became quiet.

"Why did you take my child from me?" Christine shouted drawing attention to their table.

"I- I" Monica stuttered but unable to get anything out.

"You nothing" Christine cut off her stuttering.

"You took her from us just so you could place her in an orphanage," she said and slapped Monica across the cheek shocking everyone.

Winston quickly grabbed his wife while Monica held onto her cheek.

Devontae stood up and that was when the owner came over to their table. By now everyone was watching them or recording the altercation.

"I am sorry but I am going to ask you to leave," she said and everyone ignored her.