Writing

Mina helped the greenette walk down the hall, since his foot was still sore from the fight. They took an elevator to the floor right above them and walked to a room at the end of the hall.

Izuku was hesitant to walk in, scared to see the condition Bakugo was in. So, Mina opened the door, being the one to lead him in. Bakugo perked up at the sight of the greenette, but instantly had an expression of sorrow right after it.

The pink haired girl looked between the two, leaving the room to allow them to have a moment. Izuku moved to Bakugo's side, taking his bruised hand in his gently.

"Kacchan, I-" Izuku stopped his sentence, forgetting the hero was now deaf.

More tears spilled out of his green eyes, but they were quickly wiped away with the pad of Bakugo's thumb. He looked up, seeing the blonde with a straight face.

He pointed at Bakugo, then gave an ok sign, asking the man if he was alright. Bakugo just shrugged, rubbing his thumb over one of Izuku's scars on his hand. The blonde motioned for Izuku to bend down, then planting a kiss to his lips.

The greenette shakily sighed, grabbing a chair and pulling it to the side of the hospital bed. He didn't know how to communicate, and it hurt him that he couldn't.

Bakugo waved his hand angrily in front of his face, grabbing his attention. He pointed to his side, then to Izuku, who cocked his head to the right in confusion. The blonde huffed with a groan, reaching over and lifting his shirt up, showing a large scar on the greenette's side.

Izuku pursed his lips with a shrug. He went to talk again, but shut his mouth. He got up and looked around the room, finding a pen, clipboard, and blank paper. He scribbled quickly on it, handing it and the pen to Bakugo.

'How are you feeling?'

The blonde quirked an eyebrow up at the writing, sighing and writing his own sentence.

'On edge. I can't hear shit. It's like a fucking vacuum.'

'Even not being able to speak, you still cuss.'

'Am I not allowed? Is free speech not a fucking thing anymore?'

'No, no! It is.'

'Are you doing alright?'

'Just a little sore, but I'll manage.'

'Gotcha.'

The clipboard and pen sat between them, neither knowing what to say anymore. It was weird, not being able to speak. Their conversations flowed so freely and now they were unsure of their own thoughts.

'I don't know what they told you... but-' Bakugo paused his writing, biting his lip as his hand shook. 'Am I permanently deaf?'

'Their trying to find someone with a quirk to heal your ears, if not, they'll prepare hearing aids for you.'

'I didn't ask what they were going to do with this. I asked if it's permanent.'

'Right now, yes.'

Bakugo's face dropped, and so did the pen from his hands. Izuku kept his head down, only peeking up when he heard a hiccup. He stood from his chair, reaching his shaky arms out to the blonde, who wrapped his arms around him and buried his face into his chest.

The greenette allowed some stray tears to fall from his eyes, combing his fingers through Bakugo's hair. The other just clung to Izuku's shirt, trembling with silent sobs.

"I'm sorry." Izuku whispered, even though the blonde couldn't hear. "I'm so sorry."