Chapter 13: Fair, Fun, and Fear

Your support makes me feel like I'm unstoppable. Thank you guys as always. Even though I kinda bullied you guys to stop being silent reader. Ehem. 

Sincerely hope you guys are enjoying these chapters!

.

.

.

The witch coven had settled in Haven's Way rather nicely. 

Helda didn't hold much of her "meetings" like she did when we were in the camps. Which, by the way, worked fine for me. Those meetings always could've lasted 10 minutes but went on for hours. Only now, she was always whispering something to the witches not directing her attention at me directly unless it's for warning me to be careful with vampires. And her always warning of "don't hang out with Prince Zeke". For the first time in my life, I disobeyed her. Her reasoning wasn't logical, and I liked spending time with Zeke. More than I liked to admit.

Work wise, I think I was getting better. They arranged me on being the hostess of seating people than tripping and breaking dishes. But I never strayed from a challenge. I had to at least do that one thing.

You do fall down a lot, don't you?

Zeke's words made me growl out that maybe I might be a tinsy bit - the tiniest bit clumsy. Look, we all have our faults. Never will I say that out loud though. Especially to Skye and Lou.

From the grocery store yesterday, I bought Zeke some strawberries feeling a little stupid that I was going to give it to him. Did he even need them? 

Most mornings, I strolled along the park in Haven's Way, finding new trails because the park seemed to be endless. Most mornings, Zeke would join me because he said he's always awake early and can't sleep.

Deciding I was going to give the strawberries to him, I took the bag and headed to where Zeke usually was- the bench in front of Grand Lobby, either sketching or reading a book.

This time when I saw him, he was doing neither.

On one of his fingers, there was a butterfly that landed and he was looking at it with interest. When it flew away, he looked after it, looking almost ethereal. 

"Hi," I said, feeling my awkwardness kicking in. 

Zeke's gaze found mine, and he smiled. "Good morning-"

I practically shove the bag to him. "Uh, I just figured, you know. I owe you. And you like it. So. Yeah. It's nothing."

Zeke took out the plastic container that had strawberries, and his face flitted in surprise. "Stella, thanks." He held it to his chest. "My brother usually delivers me a week's worth of strawberries because he knows I hate going to the grocery store. I just get anxiety."

Zeke? Anxious? I wouldn't have thought.

"Well what about your prince perks?"

"Prince perks?" Zeke asked, confused.

"Don't you have...like...servants?" I asked, cringing as it came out of my mouth.

"No one lives in my home except me and my dad. We also have just an assistant, and I don't know- I feel weird telling anyone what to do or even to buy me anything. Does that make a me a lousy prince?"

"Not at all," I answered him honestly. This makes Zeke turn to me. "It makes you a better one."

Zeke's lips twitch upward. "Thank you. I wish I could go to the grocery store, but it's just too crowded, too many people."