Chapter 13

A/N: Unlucky chapter 13. Oops. 

            Despite a rather steamy make out session between Elizabeth and the Witcher after their conversation ended, nothing else happened that night. Elizabeth still felt uneasy from the roller-coaster of a day she had and Geralt didn't push her. Instead they fell asleep wrapped up in each other's arms, Elizabeth's consciousness lulling away with the sound of Geralt's oddly slow heart.

            When the sun came up the next morning Elizabeth was cold, much colder than she had been when she fell asleep. Turning over to the side she saw that Geralt was gone from the room. Trying to calm any racing conclusions she searched the area and noticed that his swords and pack were still there. He would never go anywhere without at least one of the swords so she let out a deep breath and let herself relax.

           The day before had been one of the strangest days of her life, maybe even the strangest day of her life. And she certainly had not intended on revealing any of the things she had been thinking about Geralt. She was supposed to be finding a way to get back home and see her family, not running around a magical world with a sexy mutant boyfriend. Not that she expected Geralt to even want to be her boyfriend. The Witcher didn't seem like the type to want commitment like that, he probably just wanted to finally get in her pants.

But he's been so...gentlemanly. 

               She also thought how Geralt would probably have a good laugh about someone thinking he was a gentleman, at least after seeing his reaction to someone calling him Sir. Her foggy morning musings were cut off with the doorknob turning and the door opening like the person doing so was trying not to be disruptive. Unfortunately for that person he was over six feet tall and built like a truck so he was difficult to miss and Elizabeth was already awake.

"Good morning." Elizabeth smiled lazily at Geralt.

"Good Morning Beth." He smiled back, she realized that he didn't smile like that often, one that actually met his golden eyes and crinkled them at the corners.

           Sitting up in the bed Elizabeth was delighted to see that he had brought her a bowl of what looked like creamy oatmeal and berries. He must have remembered how much she enjoyed the berries at the farm before they arrived in Rinde. He also had a mug of ale in his hand that he drank from liberally.

"Isn't it too early for alcohol?" Elizabeth asked, her nose crinkled as the smell of the beer hit her.

"Why do you ask that?" He seemed genuinely confused, must be normal here she supposed.

"Nothing, just that where I'm from the beer normally doesn't come out until at least lunch." She shoved a large spoonful of her oatmeal into her mouth, it was sweetened well by the berries and what tasted like cinnamon, but not overpowering like some of the stuff she was used to seeing at the store.

           She closed her eyes and let out a happy sound at the taste. A sound that sort of sounded like a moan that made Geralt choke slightly on his ale. Elizabeth didn't even notice as she was digging in for more. In just a matter of a few minutes the oatmeal was gone and she was leaning against Geralt's shoulder as they sat on the bed.

            The Witcher had finished draining his mug and set it down on the nightstand turning towards Elizabeth to talk to her about the plans for the day. As he was opening his mouth she grabbed the sides of his face with both hands and pulled him towards her for a deep kiss, one that Geralt reciprocated eagerly despite his surprise, they stayed that way for a few moments until Elizabeth needed to breathe and pulled away.