1

Beep Beep Beep

I wake up fast to the sound of my alarm. I used to hate getting up early, but not anymore because now I live in LA. So far it has been a dream. I just moved in with my best friend Erica who was nice enough to let me rent one of the rooms in her apartment. I don't really know exactly what I want to do here, and it was kinda against my parents wishes for me to drop out of college and move away. But I had a gut feeling that it was the right thing to do so here we are (I have never really been one to listen to reason).

Ding

A text from Cameron. I met Cameron like the second day after I moved here, he lives next door. He seemed sweet in the beginning, like he would buy me flowers and text me good morning but now to be honest I am kind of bored of him. Like yes, he is sweet, but he works a boring job, has boring friends, and doesn't like the explosive energy of LA as much as I do. I need a reason to leave him.

Erica calls me "Hey Taylor, you want the other half of my bagel?"

"Ya!" I shout back. Jumping out of bed I realize I need to get ready for my job at the coffee shop down the street. Like I said I don't really know what I want to do here except meet cool people and do cool things, and one time I met Lana Del Rey at my shop, so hey, there is a start! I get dressed and put on my uniform for work which is just some black jeans and a black polo shirt (we have an apron with our nametag we put on when we get there). "Thanks for the bagel Erica!" I tell her.

"No problem!" she says back. I check my hair in the mirror as I leave, my blonde curls look decent, so I decide to just leave it as is.

Making coffee can be a bit monotonous but recently I have decided to romanticize everything in my life and honestly, it's made everything so much more fun and exciting. I also am looking forward to tonight, I don't know exactly what we are doing yet but Erica, Cameron and I are going out so I mean it should be fun. As I look up after taking the last girls order, I meet eyes with this gorgeous guy.