Chapter 3

(Brittany's POV)

By the time Quinn was done talking it was about 5:00. I left the studio around 2, so me and Quinn stayed talking for about 3 hours. She was laying on my chest and I laid on my back. We had just been laying in silence for the past 30 minutes. I looked down and saw she was asleep. I kissed her forehead and got up, trying not to wake her.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Basically, Quinn had been messing around with Puck in collage and ended up getting pregnant. She was still living with her parents and that was when we had just became friends. When her parents found out the kicked her out and we got this apartment. Puck wanted to be in the baby's life but Quinn flipped out and dropped out of collage. She was so scared. She dropped everything from her past to focus on her future. And now we are here. I sat against the couch and sighed. It was dinner time but Quinn was asleep and I don't cook. The only thing I can make is cereal and hot pockets. I could probably learn but Quinn says it's better if she cooks. Something about not wanting to take any chances.

I got up and put my shoes on. I decided I would just stop by the grocery store and pick up some TV dinners or something. I put my pea coat on and walked out the door.

The grocery store is only a couple blocks from our apartment so I usually just walk. It's good exercise and plus, I'm not a very good driver.

I walked down the crowded side walk. Dodging the rude inconsiderate people. I don't understand why people have to be so rude all the time. I'm such I nice person! I've learned to ignore them though. I arrived at the grocery store about 15 minutes later. I picked up a hand basket and went on my journey through the store.

I was in the candy isle looking at the different types of sour candy. That is always Quinn's favorite. I just couldn't pick one. I furrowed my brows and huffed. "Why is there so many options." I mumbled to myself.

"Air heads" I jumped and turned around. To my surprise I saw Santana standing there. She looked at me and giggled.

"Get the air head strips. Those are the best." She smiled picking them off of the shelf and setting them in my basket. She looked good. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a tight navy blue crop top with blue and white Jordan 1 retros. Her hair was natural and down. She looked sexy.

"So are you gonna say hi or just keep staring?" She asked with her eyebrow arched in a cocky way. I swallowed the lump in my through and looked away. "I-uh yeah hi." I stammered. What is happening to me. She just giggled. "What's your plans for today?" She asked nonchalantly. I looked at my basket then back up at her. "Oh nothing really. I was just stopping by to get dinner. I don't really have anything to do." I replied with a shrug. She just looked at me and smiled. Her smile. Ugh.

"Oh well then I'll let you get to it." She went to walk away but I stopped her. "Wait" I said abruptly causing her to turn around. "W-What are you going to be doing?" She just looked at me and shrugged. "Nothing" Was all she said. "Well then why don't you come over? We're not having anything fancy for dinner but it would be nice to have some company." I asked hopefully. I don't really know why I was asking if I'm being honest. I guess I just wanted to hang out with her. I glanced at her and I could have sworn I saw her face light up, but it quickly faltered. "Oh uh who's 'we'? Because if your with someone I don't want to intrude." She looked down to the ground then back up. "Oh it's just Quinn" she looked at me with the same confused expression. "Oh she's my 7 month pregnant best friend who I share an apartment with." I shrugged. She looked at me with a somewhat shocked expression but was quickly replaced with a smile.

"Well then, I would love to."

———

After getting a little more items for dinner and probably way too many deserts, we made our way to the checkout. I began unloading all of the groceries. "Shit" I huffed under my breath when I dropped the package of gummy bears. I bent down to pick them up but was met with another head colliding into mine. "Ow!" Santana exclaimed rubbing her head and laughing. "Oh fuck I'm sorry!" I was also laughing now. "Fun fact, I'm super clumsy" I huffed still rubbing my head. "And to think your a Choreographer." She giggled placing the bag of candy on the conveyor belt. We both chuckled and finished up in the checkout.

"Did you walk here?" The brunette asked as we excited the grocery store. "Uh yeah I did. I only live like 15 minutes away." I answered. She just nodded. "Yeah I live right down the road too." She pointed in the direction of my apartment. "Awesome" I smiled as we walked down the busy sidewalks of New York.

This was great. I mean I know I've only known Santana for like what? Not even a day? But I love her company. She's super funny and has this cocky attitude that I can't get enough of. And she's stunning. Like I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at her. Is that weird? My thoughts were quickly interrupted when I heard my name being called.

"Earth to Britt?" The shorter girl some what yelled while waving her hand in front of my face. I looked over at her and saw she was smirking. "Which apartment building is yours?" She giggled pointing at the many apartments in front of us. "Oh uh it's actually the one right here." I pointed to the one right in front of us. We made our way up the flight of stairs and walked to the apartment door.

We walked inside and sat the bags down on the kitchen island. I looked over to the couch to see if Quinn was awake yet. But she wasn't there. Just as I was about to walk down the hallway to get her she walked out of the bathroom. "Jesus!" She gasped putting her hand over her heart. "You can't just scare me like that!" She giggled pushing me lightly. "Whoops, sorry Q." I smiled backing up. I turned around to see Santana sitting on the couch tuned in to the house wives episode on the tv.

"Oh Santana" I started. "This is Qui-"

"Quinn!" She basically yelled jumping off the couch and running over to the blonde. "Well if it isn't Santana Lopez." Quinn said with a huge grin. I just looked at the pair with furrowed brows. "Wait" I looked between the two girls. "Y'all know each other?" I asked shifting my weight to one foot.

"Yeah we went to collage together!" Santana chimed. I just quirked my brows at them. "How come all of my dancers are somehow connected to you?!" I crossed my arms playfully staring at Quinn. She just laughed at made her way to the couch. "Now that I think of it, I think I know all of your dancers." She exclaimed taking a sip of her water bottle that was sitting on the coffee table. I just shook my head and smiled.

"Yeah Quinn was something in collage." Santana smirked and sat on the other couch. "Oh well then" I sat next to Santana. "I want to hear all about it." I looked between the two.

Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.