Chapter 3

It hadn't been hard to find Eliza. Werewolves have an excellent sense of smell and Wyatt had spent the whole night with her so she was a mix of zombies and werewolves scent.
He found himself thinking about Eliza's scent much more than was deemed normal when his head decided to make a comment. 'Wyatt, stop thinking about how Eliza smells and go find her!' And this time he listened.

Wyatt was hiding in the bushes, waiting for the right moment to get Eliza. He wanted to know who the kidnappers were and what they wanted to do to her. He was not disappointed.
"You're not getting away with this Bucky!" he heard her say.
Easy. If this was Bucky and the Aceys then they wouldn't hurt Eliza. He just needed a way to let her know he was there. He couldn't shout, for that would alert the cheerleaders.
Out of nowhere, an idea sparked up.

Wyatt slowly made his way into the creek. It obviously wasn't as good as a werewolves, but Eliza had a pretty keen sense of smell.
She would be able to smell the wet dog, meaning she could be reassured that there was a werewolf. Zed had told him once that Eliza had described him as 'super handsome and fine smelling', so she might be able to pick up that it was him.

Creeping silently through the water, Wyatt was thinking about his plan of attack. 'I'll run up to Eliza, growl at the cheerleaders and untie her. Piece of cake.'
But was it?

Wyatt was trying not to be too impulsive. But that was hard for a werewolf when a friend had been kidnapped and tied to a chair by a bunch of annoying cheerleaders. It was only then that he stopped to realise what was going on in the clearing.

Stacey was live-streaming the initiation. Lacey wasn't very happy to be caught on camera with her cone, but Bucky insisted that it was a condition she wore until her initiation was over.

"Hello everyone," Stacey started. "Tonight is our cheer initiation and look who has stumbled into our hand. Eliza, don't be rude, say hi to the camera."

Eliza muttered something under her breath. She could smell Wyatt's wet dog scent, and if she was not mistaken he was hiding in the creek only 10 metres away.

Bucky's annoying voice interrupted her thinking.
"J.C, would you do the honours and perform your initiation first?"

"Certainly. It would be my pleasure."

He took one step towards Eliza. Bad move.

Wyatt pounced out of the creek and stood in front of Eliza, eyes glowing yellow and fangs bared.
"If any of you does anything to her I swear I will...."

"You'll do what?," replied Bucky. "Rip us to pieces?"
He got down on his knees and overdramatically pretended to beg.
"Mayor Missy, the werewolf... he attacked us. All monster laws need to be reinstated immediately and it is all... his... fault."

Wyatt backed down as his eyes returned to normal. The words stung deep into his heart.
Bucky noticed and a snicker spread across his face as he stood up again. He couldn't help but make one more remark.
"What are you going to do now, wolf?"

After a quick glance Eliza's way Wyatt raised his head to stare deep into Bucky's eyes.
"If you egg her, you're going to have to egg me too."
With that, he knelt down next to where Eliza was tied up.

"No Wyatt! Don't do this!," Eliza pleaded.
He didn't say anything, just staring at Bucky with looks of sadness, anger and annoyance.

"Aceys, on my count," Bucky began, handing out eggs and walking towards the victims. "Three.... Two.... One"

Stacey had gotten the whole thing on video. Live video, soon to be reposted for everyone in school to see. Bucky, Lacey, Stacey and J.C all ran off to the van laughing, before speeding off back to Seabrooke

...

As soon as they left Wyatt got busy untying Eliza from the chair, whilst trying not to drip egg yolk on her.
"You know you didn't have to do that," said Eliza, breaking the silence.

"Well you can't expect me to watch them throw eggs at you and not do anything about it," he replied, breaking the last part of her binds.

"Thanks I guess," Eliza continued, turning on her heel to head off.

"Uh, Seabrook's that way," corrected Wyatt, pointing in the opposite direction that Eliza was heading. "Let me walk you home"

"I'll be fine, I can just follow the tracks that the cheer van left. See you at school tomorrow."
  Eliza knew how disappointed Wyatt would be, but she needed space to think about the night's events.

But she had to do one more thing before she left. Eliza turned around, gave Wyatt a hug and then ran off towards home.

Wyatt was left wondering what just happened. She had hugged him? He had never seen Eliza hug anyone before.

Even though he was disappointed that he couldn't walk her home, that hug meant something to him, and he couldn't help smiling for the rest of the night.

Little did Wyatt know that for the rest of that night, Eliza was smiling too.

A Note From the Author:
Hi, thank you so much for reading my book!
Please let me know in the comments what you like and what you think I could improve on.
This is my first story so hopefully my writing skills get better as this book evolves.
I won't be able to update everyday because I am very busy, but I will try to to a chapter at least once a week if I can.
If you have any future plot ideas please tell me, i love inspiration.
Thank you so much for reading this,
- Hey_its_Jules