Chapter 11: Good Fate

In my first training, I slipped down from a hill and my helmet fell towards a lonely wooden house. I was filled with full of mud. I saw Ramzan shouting “whose there?”

Then I crippled and pushed up from the mud of the hill. Then I introduced myself after I recognize him. He told me that after I faked my death, he left the school but he always used to hear the events about what was going on. Suddenly, some enemies tried to shoot me. I ran and shot all two of them. I realized that they were Kader Hussein’s men who were looking for a CBI officer. They wanted to impersonate me.

When I was practicing martial arts, Col. Ghazi called me to his office in the army camp.

He said “Abir, I have an assignment for you. You have to be under covered for capturing Kader Hussein. After two weeks, my daughter, Ruma will come from the United States. By the way, Mr. Smith is her neighbor in the USA. Anyways, you will never reveal yourself to Kader until the police will be with you. I know it is sad that Ruma won’t know about your true nature. But you can share it to her when you reveal yourself to Kader. He is a best restaurant owner but not what he seems. He is involved in drug dealing and politics which is not appropriable for citizens like us. He always sends his henchmen plus he makes people unconscious by using chloroform gas. That is his signature moves. Your code name is Rowdy. Yaman and I will call you Agent R.”

He said “ok, sir I am ready for my job”.

Then I made Ramzan my lefty and Rizvi my righty. I always go to your house. Ramzan always inform me where you (Ruma and Rubina) are and how your life is spent. The stalker is non-other than Ramzan and Rizvi who watched over you for two days when you were in Azwad’s house. But I have no clue that what is the real reason for his origin for drug dealing. It is found that he used to be in Carmichael College in Rangpur where my father and mother used to be there.  I am solving the case of human trafficking but Kader is a dolphin who always jumps rather than he’s grabbed. His moves are quite strange and vague because when he was talking, his expression was not appropriate.  That is all I can say”.

“That means you are trying to save us from these?” said Rubina who was later present during the flashback events.

“Yes! It’s not only my job but it is like saving family” sighed Abir.

He took a glass of water. Ramzan switched on the radio and danced in a Calcutta song. He also served dinner to Ruma and Rubina.

Ramzan said “The prostitutes are increasing, what we shall do?”

Abir replied “I am here. Everything will be fine”.

Then they slept. Meanwhile, Yaman was going on the road at dawn. It was not a good dawn but gloomy one. The beggars were sleeping and the children were playing. Then Kader came with his four swat-dressed henchmen.