Oath

Princess nayantara rose from her throne and went straight to her room, the room from where it all started. Nandini looked around and then followed her to that room. Nayantara very calm entered in her room and asked her helpers to leave her alone as she want to rest, because she wasn’t feeling very good about herself. Everyone followed her order and left and closed that giant door. Princess was sitting there still for a while then slowly slowly her emotions started creeping in like she couldn’t hold it anymore.
Nayantara screamed and cried and shouted, all her grace all her sophisticated attitude seemed to fade away. She wasn’t in her best self and who can blame her, this is what it is, girls in our world are not given the freedom to make decision for themselves, it’s always the father, the brother, the husband who will choose her fate, her destiny her entire life journey.
Nandini wanted to console her, talk to her, explain to her that it wasn’t her fault if people don’t listen to her, we women don’t have a say in this. She wanted to tell nayantara that she learned this in a hard way and she wants her to understand this too and accept it, because she did the same, she accepted her fate of a abusive marriage and abusive family.
Princess nayantara wiped her tears and moved towards the other end of her room, there was huge trunk which looked heavy and exclusive. She unlocked it and it opened with a loud sound, nandini came closer to nayantara and stood next to her. Nandini wanted to see what nayantara was going to do next. After searching for a while, nayantara took out a folded paper from the bottom of the trunk, and she sat on the couch which was lying next to the trunk. That folded paper had a sweet fruit fragrance, nayantara pulled it closer and was embracing its fragrance for a while with tear in her eyes.
She then slowly opened it and started reading it, and It looked like it wasn’t the first time she was reading it and was like something she has already memorized with all her heart.
Nandini moved a bit closer to her and tried to peak into the letter that nayantara was holding, but to her luck she could only read the name of the person who sent it and the name belonged to satya (the king of balvan ghati), the same king who has sent proposal for princess nayantara.
Nandini immediately realized that it was a two way thing and just then she saw nayantara wiping her tears in a way which was not very delicate and then stood up and went straight to her beautifully adorned mirror and looked into her own eyes. That look was not gentle, it was more like she had flames burning on her skin, her eyes slightly red and bold like a crimson red paint, she continued to stare at herself with that fierce look, then finally she broke the silence and said “ I’m no ordinary, I’m a princess and I haven’t learned to back away from my promise and it was my promise to you my love to be with you always and forever and I will make it happen no matter what cost but I’m going to make a way for us and it will happen soonI’ve to do in process”.
That was some sort of impossible commitment that she has just made, nandini thought. And it wasn’t nandini’s fault to think so as she hasn’t seen a woman as bold as Princess nayantara in her entire life and she was not very habitual of the fact that a woman can do something to change their fate as all they ever told her was to suppress her voice, her opinions.
Nandini was again lost in her thoughts when she saw Nayantara searching something , in an extreme rush almost turning her room upside down, finally she got it, she got the thing she was searching for so desperately, it was something sort of an iron rod not a very thick one just a slight thick.
Nandini wondered what was nayantara going to do with this and why does she need it, she wasn’t able to figure out the cause when again nayantara placed that rod into the fire of her lamp, she was heating it for a while and she slowly took it out and placed that hit iron rod over her wrist, she wanted to scream, the pain was unbearable, tears rushed through her eyes, but she didn’t scream, she was holding it.
Why is she doijg this to herself, nandini almost shouted this.
But nayantara couldn’t hear, nor did she care, she removed that rod for now and looked at the burnt mark caused due to her action. It was very deep mark, it was all red one can almost see her flesh peeping from that buy she didn’t care all she was caring about was her oath which she took while looking at that mark, she said “this mark, this injury is not going to heal soon and it is going to remind me of all the times when I was treated less than a man, when my opinions didn’t hold a power just because I’m a woman, this id going to remind me  what all I want through when I was refused the throne inspite of being worthy just because I was a lady and I won’t be able to pull it off, the time when I was denied my love for the sake of power, I’m going to remember everything and I’m going to take the revenge against all those people who failed me, this mark will serve as a reminder in my entire lifetime and would not let me fail even in my moment of weakness”.
Nayantara kept staring at her mark just when nandini realized something, the mark on the wrist of nayantara looked similar to the birth mark on nandini’s wrist.