Dinner Date | LXI

"Stop hogging the window, Dad."
"What?" Sam watched over his shoulder at his son. "I'm not. Don't worry."
Raph grinned. "I know it's exciting to meet your crush."
"You would know," Sarah called from the kitchen, giving him a wink. "You were so excited; you needed your sister to drag you there."
Sam chuckled. He pulled back one of the chairs and sat down. Not only would he see Gabriel, but also three children - his children. It felt weird to know that they were simultaneously the youngest but also the middle children.
"Is Serah gonna come for lunch?" Brie tried to redirect her father's focus. "Or is she still at work?"
"Work," Sam said. "She sent me a text asking about one of Dean's exes..."
"Lee?" Sarah asked.
"Cassie?" Brie asked.
"Lisa," Sam replied. "Brie, how do you know about Cassie? I barely even remember her."
Brie shrugged. "I read the books." She paused. "I, uh, skimmed over the lewd parts."
"Thank God."
"I read them," Raph said. "Honestly, I've read better on the web."
"Gross." Sam looked over his shoulder into the neighbouring house. He waited until the doorbell rang. Sam got up, but Sarah had already opened the door.
"Relax," she said. "He's gonna think you like him." With a smile, she pressed the button to unlock the elevator downstairs.
Sam got up and walked to the door, arm around Sarah's waist. The elevator buzzed, the door opened. A stroller came out, followed by a baby sling and then an archangel. "Hi," he smiled.
Sam smiled back, the corner of his mouth jerking nervously. "Hi." He opened the door further for the stroller. "A full house today."
"I can see," Gabe said. "The kids usually love the stroller, but this little princess didn't stop whining until she could get up here." He giggled and pressed a gentle kiss against her head. "Do you wanna hold her?"
Sam watched him in confusion. "Me?" he asked. "Uhm, sure, yeah, sure." He smiled, but he couldn't shake off the but of insecurity. Gabriel smiled as he lifted the girl out of the sling. "There we go," he hushed. "Say hi to Daddy."
Sam opened his arms to her and held her against his chest. "Wow, she's so delicate."
"She's the smallest one of the three, yeah." Gabriel leaned over the stroller and picked up the baby boy, receiving a happy laugh from him. Sam felt himself smile, especially when Raph left the table and leaned over Sam's arm.
"I want too!" he said. "I wanna hold a baby!"
Gabriel laughed. "Come here." He put the boy in Raph's arms, guiding his arms so the baby would be comfortable.
Raph's eyes lit up, smiling brightly as he turned around. "Brie, look how cute he is!"
"They all look so much like you two when you were small." Gabriel bent over to pick up the second girl. "Small sunshine."
Sam smiled. "Lunch should be ready any second." He pulled a chair back. "Have a seat."
Gabriel sat down, and Sam followed suit. A second later, Sarah put the pot on the table.
"This smells so good," Gabriel said. "I bet it tastes even better."
"You bet," Sarah smiled as she gave everyone a plate of food. "I only serve good food."
"She's spoiling the kids." Sam chuckled. "I've never seen someone so thrilled about sandwiches before." He watched the girl in his arms. "Did you feed them yet?"
"I did," Gabe said. "That'd have been a mess. They're so greedy." He giggled. "My greedy little fledgeling."
Raph laughed. "You can tell that they spend time with you and Dean." He grabbed his fork. "I don't wanna make him dirty, though."
"You should put him on the sofa," Sarah suggested. "Maybe for a nap."
Sam got up. "I can take him." He took the child and brought both the kids in his arms to the sofa, Gabe right beside him. "There we go," he hummed. "Goodnight." They each pressed kisses on their heads and went back to the table.
"Sam really is a good dad," Sarah smiled. "I'm excited to see how he'll handle the triplets."
"He'll master it," Gabe said. "He would have with all his kids... Speaking of kids, where is Serah?"
Sam shrugged. "At work, still. She texted me earlier, but she didn't say anything about lunch or dinner." He started eating. "And Eliot is out with a friend."