Chapter 3 "A Whole New World"

Black's POV

Black: "....can you please explain that to me again Spin.."

Spin: "Sure! Alright so first, you have been in your gem for over a thousand years. Second, during that time, a whoooooole lot of things have happened that I'm not even completely aware of. Thirdly, the thing you are standing on is called sand and we are on what's called a beach."

Once she had finished, I turned my attention to my feet and slowly lifted my right foot up. I was still couldn't wrap my head around it all but I was extremely intrigued by the concept of......sand.

As I turned my attention back to Spin, I started to look over the group of gems and the strange creaturesthat were standing behind Spin. I couldn't shake the feeling that I had met the strange creature before.

Apparently I had started to stare at them because Spin cleared her throat and stood at attention infront of me.

Spin: "My Glorious Diamond, these fantastic group of gems and one human are the one who saved you from certain doom~!"

She ended her short introduction of the group with a silly pose while shaking her hands slightly back and forth...I could hear her whisper something but...the only thing I could pick up was something about "jazz hands"? Of course I still let out a semi quiet chuckle, which Spin apparently notice due to her letting out a small giggle.

I was about to ask Spin another question, but I was asked one instead...

????: "Black Diamond...do you know who I am?"

I turned to the one that asked, and I was met by a Pearl with a rather pale complexion. She also seemed to be nervous and still trying to keep her distance away from me.

Black: "......I don't believe I do...then again.....I don't remember very much.."

The Pearl's face turned to one of shock, but Spin's react to my answer was the one that threw me off.

Spin: "Do you remember the crew!?!"

I turned my head towards her and I told her the truth.

Black: "I remember the names and appearances but....that's about it. I don't remember anything other then that."

I could she that Spin's face turn to on of horror as she froze in place.

Spin: "s-so does that m-mean you don't r-remember our g-game."

I turned my body completely towards her and answered her.

Black: "What ga-"

As I started to speak, something started to happen. I felt like my entire body was being squeezed, It felt like my gem was about to burst and that's when everything went dead silent. I could see Spin running towards me but everything started to change. In a flash of what I could probably call a memory, I was standing above her while she held a ball.

"Hey Black, want to play"

In another flash, I was standing infront of a screen with a video of a pale woman. The video kept saying the same sentence over and over again.

"Your time has expired Black, farewell......Your time has expired Black, farewell..."

In one final flash, I saw my crew in front of me. Each and ever single one of them all looked scared, until they all turned to me with hope in their eyes.

??????:"We'll get through this captain, I'm sure of it"

Finally as my body started to feel normal again, I could hear a voice that I knew wasn't a part of these flash back.