5.

Believe in the magic of Christmas

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯↠◦↞⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

George was frantically getting ready for the party him mother had put together for Christmas. Him and Fred were running late because they had decided to keep the shop open that day.

Molly's strict instructions said that they were to dress decently but they both knew it wouldn't matter because like always, their mum's jumpers would cover half of their outfit anyways.

George ran his hand through his hair trying to ruffle it up and failing. He was nervous and excited at the same time.
Iris was going to be there and George wanted to create a lasting impression.

"George" The boy heard his twin's faint voice when in fact Fred was shouting from his room. "What is it?" He asked. There was no reply. He repeated his question. No reply. Suddenly Fred entered the room.

"I called out for you twice!" He told his twin.

"And I replied, twice!" Fred was wearing Identical jeans and his yellow Jumper with an 'F' on it, George was wearing his red jumper with a 'G' on it.

George scratched his ear, "sorry, I didn't hear you"
Fred saw the frustration in his brother's eyes and couldn't bare to see him upset. So, he changed the topic.

"Iris, going to ask her out today?" Fred wiggled his eyebrows.

"No! We haven't even talked and honestly I'm too scared to. She'd think I'm too loud and I won't be able to hear what she says..."

"So you're just going to throw pieces of paper at her and lead her on!?" Fred rolled his eyes, his throat starting to dry up from all the shouting.

"Yes?"

"NO! Talk to her today!"

George looked at his brother for a few minutes, "You think she'd be interested?"

"Just try to become friends! And we'll see how it goes" George nodded and Fred reached out his hand to his brother. But just before apparating, "Shit! I don't have a joke for Iris today! Her name is too rare.."

"You're late" Charlie pointed out the moment the twins arrived.

"Fashionably" Fred smiled.

"You better blend into the people before mum sees you here" He warned and the older twin pulled his brother through the door.

George's eyes were scanning the room but Iris wasn't anywhere to be seen. Fred gave his brother a knowing look but George just rolled his eyes.

Hermione, Ron, Harry, Percy, Charlie, Bill, Ginny, Fleur were all there along with Neville and Luna. They all met and greeted each other happily.

"Where's Audrey?" George asked his brother.

"Stuck at work!" Percy replied completely baffled.

George couldn't hear him because he spoke too low but just nodded. But what he did know for sure was that Audrey wasn't home yet which meant Iris wasn't here too.
This gave George enough time to calm his nerves.
Fred walked up to him, holding a babbling teddy.

The twins usually took Teddy from Harry whenever he came to the Burrow and they were there. Teddy usually remained happy in their company and it gave Harry some time to get off his baby sitting duties.

Teddy usually stayed at his Grandmother's place but after the war, Andromeda had moved in with Narcissa Malfoy.
It was an odd arrangement because Harry had to go back and forth between the Malfoy Manor and his own house. But this was temporary until they found a solution. Teddy usually stayed with Harry on free days and with Andromeda when he was working. He didn't see much of Draco and he thought it was for the best. The two needed some time apart before the could reconcile and start a new friendship.