21.

I love you more than
you can wrap your head around
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯↠⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

St. mungo's was the most terrifying place Iris had ever been to. It was ironic considering she was a healer but it still scared her. Waiting for someone to treat your loved one, seeing them slip out of your hands completely or almost. It was a matter of seconds that separated life and death, and the answer was always uncertain.

Healer Wells came out of the treatment room with tired eyes and a weak body, "He made it, barely, but he made it" He smiled at Iris who sunk to the ground in relief as tears welled her eyes.
"Thank you.." she signed to him and he nodded. She looked behind her to see Fred dead a sleep on one of the chairs in a rather uncomfortable posture.
"Can I see him? Is he awake?" She signed.
"He's not awake right now, I would suggest a couple hours.."

Iris was woken from her slumber when Fred shook her awake, "Let's go in" He told her. She took a second to process where she was and what was happening but immediately scrammed to her feet and followed Fred inside.

George lay in in the comfortable hospital bed with his sheets over him, sitting up with a smile on his face and Iris couldn't help but smile back.
"If you make a joke, I'll kill you" Iris told him and he chuckled as she rolled her eyes.
"Mum's going to kill him anyways" Fred grinned
"Or we could never tell her what happened.." George replied.
"You can't hide anything from that woman" Fred shuddered and Iris laughed beside him.

Molly burst into the room with Ginny trailing behind her in equal worry.
"What happened!?" She walked up to Iris and scanned her in horror, "There's so much blood!" She looked at Fred next to her, "what happened to you!?"
"Oh this, it's all Georgie here" Fred moved out of the way to let Molly further into the room where George was, ready to receive his scolding.
"Will someone tell me what happened?" Ginny asked.
"George got stabbed" Fred told her in short.
"George got stabbed!!" Her voice was rather cheery, her eyes wide and a smile appeared on her face.
"Ginny!" Molly scolded.
"You got stabbed?" She said in a more sober voice earning a chuckle from the older brothers.
George didn't hear much of what she had said but thankfully Iris was there to translate it for him.

Arthur Weasley came in after a while along with Iris' parents and questioned the three young adults.
"Where's your sister? Where's Audrey?" Mrs. Menkem asked once they had explained everything.
"At Percy's. Iris cleared them and sent them home" Fred replied.
"Okay, that's good" she smiled.
"I'll get to her later, you" Mr. Menkem turned to Iris, "This is unacceptable! How could you do this!? We told you to come to us! Why didn't you come to us!? I cant believe this! You know I can't lose another person so important to me!" He scolded.
Another. Another person, the other one was Iris' real mother. She passed away rather quickly, Iris barely saw her.
Fred heard him too, he said another. He made a mental note to ask her about it later.
"I know, I'm sorry, it just happened so fast!" She replied.

The family had to literally be pushed out of the hospital because they refused to leave the three 'irresponsible kids' there.
Once they left, Iris turned to George and Fred, "I'm sorry you had to hear all that because of me.."
George looked at her like she had gone crazy, "It isn't your fault. End of discussion"
Fred crossed his arms over his chest to make a point and Iris gave up on trying to apologize.

She reached into her pocket and took out a red piece of cloth, the snatcher arm band. She handed it to Fred, "burn it"
"Why?" He asked.
"I don't want it.." she looked between the twins, "it's done enough for me"
Fred shared a look with George who quirked his eyebrow and shook his head.
"You can't burn it." George told him
"Burn it"
"No!" George's voice became louder. Fred sighed and gave it to his brother, "If you wanted to burn it, you would've when we won the war"
"Yes, because I was still attached to Malory but I don't want anything to do with her now!" Iris retorted.
"You and I both know that that is not the truth" George raised his brows at her.
"That is the truth"
"You gave up on Mallory the day you disarmed her in Malfoy Manor."
"You tell me, if you know everything!"
"You kept it because it's a reminder that you survived. You still get nightmares about the war, you were terribly scared and that's okay. This red cloth gives you closure, it gives you assurance that you survived it or you would've burned it the moment you left the snatchers" Iris' eyes widened. The more she let it sink in the more she realized that George was right. That scarf was her closure but she didn't need it, she knew she was fine. This was stupid.
"Just get rid of it, I don't need it"
"It's not a bad thing Iris"
"No! This has done too much harm"
"Fine but I want you to do it yourself" George told her and she snatched it from him to prove a point.