Chapter 6

In a dorm room by himself, Isen sat on his bed going through the schools files. He knew someone would catch him eventually but right now, he was more worried about the threat of Seraphina. Going through student files, he finally came across John.

"Found you!" He said to himself, and clicked on it. Opening the file, he noticed that some files were missing.

"No parents? Is he an orphan?" He kept going, and clicked on his medical records.

"An ability level of 8.2...no wonder everyone is so interested in him. UGH! Why do I have to have the two strongest students in the school against each other! I dun wanna die ;-;"

Then something caught his attention. His old school reports. He clicked on the file, and his eyes widened heavily.

"This kid...beat HALF of his grade half to death? He's a monster! I can't expose him! What if he does it again? If he comes after me I'm screwed!" He went to close the tab, but remembered Seraphina was also really dangerous. Slightly shaking, he printed out the info and closed his laptop. Maybe he could delay it for a couple days, saying he needs to ask John about himself first. Yeah, that would buy him some time. Maybe he could tell John! Deciding that it would be the best course of action, Isen put his laptop on his desk and went to sleep.

Morning came by, and John woke up with a loud yawn.

"Man what a weird dream." He picked up his phone and looked at the missed call and text.

"Claire? What does she want?" He unplugged his phone and called her, and she almost immediately answered.

"Hey John!"

"Hey. Why'd you call? Something wrong?"

"I wanted to let you know that I'll be coming up to visit for a little bit."

"So suddenly? What's going on?" Claire didn't answer at first, leaving an awkward silence. John took notice of this, and tried again.

"Claire. What's going on?"

"I had a vision you were beating up another student. Badly." John didn't respond, trying to figure out who it was. His mind immediately went to Seraphina and he sighed.

"What else can you tell me?"

"Well uh...that's all I can say for now. Just please be careful. I'll talk to you later, I have to get packing." With that, she hung up, leaving John there to his thoughts before he sighed, and got dressed, and made his way to school.

Isen lied on top of the roof, thinking about the situation. He knew he couldn't avoid Seraphina forever, and he didn't have an inkling on how to find John. The door suddenly opened, and Isen stopped breathing.

"Did you find anything, Isen?" Seraphina asked, coldly, sending shivers down his spine.

"I-I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him yet-" That was all he heard before he was pressed against the gate, and he found himself unable to move. He looked back into the blazing blue eyes.

"You have by the end of the day to get some information on him. Otherwise I'll be throwing you off this roof." She let him go, and turned around, leaving him shaking on the ground.

John walked into school, and everyone stared at him and began whispering.

"Is he King now? I heard he beat Seraphina."

"No no, rumor has it he's the Ace now. He outranks both of them."

"Woah, really? I didn't even know we had an Ace." John paid no attention, as he was thinking about what Claire had said. He was snapped out of this thoughts when he bumped into Arlo, and he rubbed his forehead.

"Jesus Arlo, what are you made out of, steel?" Arlo only smirked.

"Well, the entire school is talking about you. You're officially a Royal now."

"Arlo, what do you know about Seraphina?"

"Not much, actually. She usually keeps to herself. She was Wellston's top student. I've never been able to touch her." John nodded and looked down.

"Why, did something happen?"

"Nah. Just curious." The two continued walking until they were approached by a boy with orange hair.

"H-hey Arlo. John, do you think I could i-interview you for the paper?"

"Sure, I suppose. I'll catch you later Arlo." Arlo nodded, and stared at Isen as him and John walked away. Something was wrong with him.

The two entered the press room, and Isen closed the door, locking it. He sat down on a chair and took out a pen and notepad.

"S-so John..." Isen began, but John stopped him.

"What's going on with you, your aura is a mess." He said, causing Isen to visibly flinch and shake a little.

"I-Ive been ordered to dig up info on you by Seraphina! She said she'd throw me off a roof if I didn't bring her info soon!" He yelled, and looked back at John, who's eyes narrowed dangerously. Without saying a word, John stood up and activated his ability.

"Take me to her."

(I'm so sorry for being gone everyone! I've had a lot happening recently. My friend passed away, I caught the Rona :') but I'm recovered! I've been away for too long, and honestly I'm glad to have time to start on these stories again)