Chapter 7

John marched through the hallway, as the other students stood to the side, whispering.

"Who do you think pissed him off?"

"I don't know, but they're dead."

"Poor kid. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of his beating."

He marched into the library and looked for Seraphina, catching the eye of the librarian.

"John, your ability should not be activated in the library. Turn it off or leave." She said, slowly standing up. He closed his eyes, feeling for her aura in the room. When he deduced she wasn't here, he turned around and left, heading for the next place he might think she was. The roof.

Seraphina stood on the roof, watching the students walk around and go about their day. The door opened, and Arlo walked out.

"Hey Seraphina."

"Arlo." She nodded, and looked back at the students as he approached her.

"What do you want, Arlo?"

"What, I can't come say hi?" She turned around and glared at him.

"I'm just here to enjoy the view. That's all." He walked towards the gate and put his hand on the fence, staring out as well. Wellston was calm. He was able to reinstate the hierarchy that his mentor Rei left behind, and all seemed well. Little did he know, things were about to get more chaotic. He felt a chill, and when he turned around the door opened, revealing an angry John.

"John?" Seraphina turned around and looked at his blazing eyes staring right at her, and for a moment her heart stopped.

"So you think it's okay to try to get people to snoop into my life?" He asked, slowly approaching her.

"Wait John, what's going on-"

"This doesn't concern you Arlo. Leave." He said, stopping a few feet in front of her.

"As a Royal, it is my business." John turned his glare to Arlo.

"If you must know, she tried to have Isen pry into my past and dig up information on me." Arlo looked at Seraphina, surprised. This wasn't like her at all.

"Things were fine till you showed up John. I was supposed to be the strongest. I was supposed to be perfect, and here you are, screwing everything up! What gives you the right to ruin my life, huh?!" She yelled, and ran towards John. Arlo activated his ability but before he could use it, John raised his hand and stopped him. Seraphina threw a punch towards John, who simply pushed her fist aside and threw a punch at her himself. Thanks to her passive, it moved slow enough for her to evade it and tried to throw a kick towards his stomach. He managed to block the kick, and grabbed her leg, throwing her against the fence.

Arlo stood there, helplessly. For once, he was unsure of what to do. If he stopped them, he might get on both of their bad sides and from what he's seen, that wasn't a good idea. Taking the risk, he put his barrier around John, to prevent him from going forward. John stopped and looked at him.

"Arlo. I'll give you till the count of 5 to drop your barrier or I'm breaking out of it."

"John, calm down for a second. I want to talk to her first." John stood there for a minute, keeping his eyes focused on Seraphina.

"I don't want to talk Arlo. Leave before you end up regretting it."

"What's going on with you?"

"I won't ask again." Arlo didn't answer, but sighed and deactivated his barrier and stepped back. Maybe if they fought it out again it'll solve something. The moment Arlo's barrier dropped, one of John's appeared around Seraphina. And inside of the barrier, time seemed to freeze, as she turned gray. She tried to resist, but eventually found herself unable to move. He walked forward into the barrier, and stared at her for a minute.

"I'm warning you. If you try to pry into my life again like that, I'll crush you." He turned around and walked away, deactivating his ability and leaving Arlo and Seraphina on the roof. Sera dropped down on her knees.

"I'm not perfect...I'm a failure..." She began to openly weep, as Arlo stood there for a second, before leaving her to herself. Once she was alone, she wiped her eyes and stared out of the fence, as her mind wandered to her home life.

"Is that it, Seraphina?" Her mother said, as the two stood a good few feet from each other. Seraphina was about 13, and she was doing her best to master her ability. But it wasn't coming naturally to her.

"Even your sister was doing better than you were at her age. Don't tell me I raised a failure."

Biting her lip at the sudden memory popping up, she punched the ground, leaving a bunch of cracks.

"What am I supposed to do...Leilah..."