UNIVERSE's controversial final win?

Yesterday was Universe's final day promoting with fancy. And surprisingly, the got a win against their labelmate Mamamoo and the nation's girl group Twice.

Many netizens are skeptical and criticize music bank for rigging the scores, as it is not likely for a recently debuted rookie to achieve such scores.

Recently, the maknae of Universe, Vivi (Kim Min-Seo), responded to some hate comments during her vlive with bandmate Hitomi.

Vivi: Tomi-eonni, someone is repeatly asking if we really deserved that win?

Hitomi: Well we did win it, and we worked hard for it.

Vivi: Yeah, I was surprised as well, but the truth is, we worked our heads off for this debut, and our album sales broke record for debut album sales. So I don't know about you, whether if that win was really ours, I think we deserved it, everyone deserves to win, and that includes us. But we happened to be picked by the show.

This comment was called rude by k-netizens:

이것은 단지 오만한 15 세 아이입니다. 그녀는 그녀가 너무 유명하다고 생각합니다.This is just an arrogant 15 year old child. She thinks she is so famous.

우연히 당신은 운에 의해 뽑혔습니다. 당신은 그것을 인정하기도했습니다. 이 소녀는 아이돌 이미지도없고 존경도 없어Well you just happened to be picked by luck, you even admitted it. This girl has no idol image and she has no respect.

Then again, many 5tellars (Universe fandom), defended her.

그녀는 단지 어린 아이입니다. 하지만 그녀는 진실을 말하고 있습니다. 그녀는 당신의 우상처럼 가짜가 아니라 진짜입니다.she is just a child, yes. but she is stating the truth, that's all. she is being real, not fake like some of your idols.

그녀는 어린 아이이지만 말이 아주 좋고 성공하기 위해 아이돌 이미지가 필요하지 않으며 아름답고 재능 있고 친절합니다.She is a child, but she is very well-spoken, she doesn't need an idol image to be succesful, she is beautiful, talented and kind.

What do you think?

COMMENTS:

"Honestly, these k-nets needs to leave universe and my baby Vivi alone >:("

---> "Agreed! Fancy is so iconic, and you can see from their sales and scores that universe is really the queen of monster rookies."

"I'm a once and I still believe that there was some rigging used. But y'all toxic onces and moomoos are really out there scolding a child for simply stating the facts, she was being perfectly respectful and saying that she worked hard, everyone worked hard, but they were luckily chosen and they are grateful. Jeez!"

---> "Thank you so much for understanding! Universe really worked hard and Yerin was almost hospitalized because an anti purposely tried to kill her with his car, thank god it was only an arm injury!"

-----> "oml! I never knew that! I really like Yerin, she is a sweet girl and universe is overall really wonderful girls, I might just stan them."

" 卧槽!这些黑粉有必要骂我们的ViVi吗?油腻很努力,而且fancy很好听。我真是服了你们😠"