Cole

It's been two months since she came and gave me that note.

It's February now, the holidays as hard. Dad came stumbling through the door on Christmas Eve, drunk as hell. He started yelling at Austin, I guess the school called him since he got into a fight with one of the older guys at school.

I told him to shut up, get out, and that we didn't need him. He laughed and told me my school called too. To say that I only showed up for the tests and only then. He told me I was irresponsible and that we wouldn't make it without him, before he slammed the door shut.
We haven't seen him since.

Michael and I have been getting closer. He's been taking care of Austin when I've been working. I'm also trying to start coming to school.

It was just an ordinary morning when she came in.

"Hey, Michael. Is he in?" I heard her voice, even though I was in the back.

"Yeah, he's in the back." I took a deep breath and straightened out my apron.

"Hey, Cole." I spun around to see her. Her curls we're now straightened, and she smiled at me.

"Hi, Angie!" I smiled back and pulled her into a hug. My sudden movement shocked us both, but she relaxed and hugged me back seconds later.

"I'm sorry." She blurred out. I raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry for what?" Angie looked down on her hands.

"I'm sorry for leaving right when we started talking.  I need to get my life back in order. I need to take care of my brother, and go back to school." She explained.

"I understand. I do. If it's meant to be, it will be. I guess it's just not the right time for us now."

I took a few steps forward and grabbed a strand of her hair her hair. Twiddling it between my fingers.

"What happened to the curls?" I asked, teasing her. She stuck her tongue out at me, and swatted my hand away.

"Don't touch. But I guess you're right. I'll see you when time is right." She then pressed her lips on mine, and disappeared out the door.

That wasn't a goodbye, that was a I'll see you later. And I have a feeling that I will.