﹃ 现有 ﹄

"Hey baby, how was school?"

Sunwoo entered the house in a wet state, "It's as usual."

"You didn't bring an umbrella with you again?"

"No." He shooked his head to get rid of the excess water on his hair.

His mother sighed, "How many times should I tell you? Stop doing this it's bad." She went over to him with a readied towel in her hands, drying off his hair. "Go take a shower before you catch a fever."

He nodded silently and made his way to his room.

He placed his bag down by the foot of his bed and went to take shower. The rain still poured down at an inevitable manner. He liked it that way though, the sound of rain is blocking the other voices or sounds that he doesn't want to hear.

For example, the neighbours' bickering that gave him a pain in the ear. His neighbours had been like that a few days after his father left.

Oh, have I mentioned that his father left? His parents divorced and his father went and married another woman when he's at the age of 11. Sunwoo was not happy about it and remained sulking for a year straight because his mother agreed to it. Cliche isn't it?

His mother didn't really find anyone else though because Sunwoo wouldn't let her. He knew it would change his mother too and that's why he prevented it.

Now that he's 17, you thought he'd be over it?

No, he's still a bit sulky about it. Or more accurate... angry.

Even after 6 years, he's still not used to it. He missed him and wanted to make memories like how other kids do at his age with his dad.

Now is it still going to change?

He opened his textbook with a pen in his hand, already starting to work on his schoolwork when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in." He replied to the knock and the door opened.

His mother came with a bowl of fruits for him to eat while studying, it's not much but maybe it'll soften his heart a bit.

"Are you doing okay with your homework? Is there anything that you don't understand?"

"No, I'm doing fine." His eyes didn't leave the paper in front of him and he started writing.

"I'll be in the living room if you need help."

His mother walked towards the door and paused, turning around, "Love you, sweetie."

"Thanks mom, I love you."