﹃ 3 ﹄

"Sunwoo! Dinner's ready!"

He hears his mother calling for him from downstairs and he lazily got up from his bed, he opened the door of the bedroom and stopped midway, looking at his table to see that his mother had already placed some allowance money for the week while he was asleep in his nap.

He took half of the money and placed them in the back pocket of his pants, then walking out of the room and closed the door.

He made his way down the stairs and walked towards the dining room. The way the plates are placed in the same spot like how it was 6 years ago infuriates him.

"Come sit down and eat." His mother placed the last dish on the table and rested herself down on one of the 4 chairs that are available. 

Sunwoo walked over and sat opposite of where his mother sat, he remained silent while his mother already took her first bite of the meal.

She seemed to notice the change of behaviour in his son and looked up to say something. "Are you okay? Why aren't you eating?"

"Why do you have to divorce..."

She looked at him, all her actions stopped for a minute before she continued. "Honey, we've talked about this."

"But we were so happy. You two were happy together... Why?"

"Sunwoo... he was happy with me. And I still love him till this day but-"

"If you still love him then why did you agreed!? Why didn't you stop him or beg him to not go?" He stood up from his chair and raised his voice, he felt a little guilty after yelling at his own mother but all he cared for right now is his own emotions.

She stayed silent and looked down, she couldn't give any answer to her son. It was heartbreaking to see his son sad like this and she too wondered why she just let her husband go just like that.

Sunwoo stormed away out of the dining room and out of the house, he could hear his mother shouting his name to stop him from going further down the street but he ran before she could catch him.

He sat on the side walk, both his feet was buried into the puddle on the side of the road. He remained there for quite a while before the rain came streaming down. It was not too light and not too heavy. It just felt like the rain that came like any other day.

Just then a car is about to speed down the road, he's too into the sound of the rain that his own ears blocked every other sound that's trying to keep him in the waking reality.

He was so out of it, he could get hit by the car.

"Ah!" He yelped when he felt himself being pulled from behind and onto the sidewalk, the car passed by and splashed the puddle of water onto him, he was finally waking into the world again and looked ahead at the car, then looking up to see who pulled him.

It was a girl who looked to be the same age as him.

He stood up in front of her and held the sides of his shirt  in his fists, biting his lower lip in embarrassment while looking at the girl in front of him.

"What are you doing here at night in the rain without an umbrella?" The girl said, grabbing some sense into him again. Realizing that if he kept on  doing this, not only his schoolmates will hate him, but the entire neighbourhood. 

The girl then handed the umbrella she's using to shield herself from the rain to Sunwoo, she's already got a raincoat on so it doesn't really matter now. "Use this, you'll catch a cold."

Sunwoo paused before taking the umbrella into his hands, then watched as the girl walked past him and putting on the hood of the raincoat. He turned his gaze towards the umbrella that he's holding and smiled. With careful steps, he walked his way home.

a/n: the picture above is Lee Sunwoo