Chapter 1: How It Began

A/N: This is my first time writing a story😊 I hope you'll enjoy it. The pictures are not mine. Credits to the rightful owners. Thank you!

    *************************************

Shin Yerim, A young girl living in a small village. Her life was as peaceful as she wanted it to be. But no one knew how long it would last.

The sun was already setting and the moon was seen in the sky. Her mom was in the kitchen cooking for dinner while Yerim was sitting near the table playing with her toy. Her mom went outside, She remembered she still hasn't paid the eggs she was ordering.Yerim volunteered to be the one who'll pay and then took the money her mom handed over.

She humed while walking lively on the streets. On the way, she saw some carriages passing by. It was strange for some reason, Their village was an average one so, It was rare that visitors came by.

Just a small kid she is, She continued walking towards a cabin near the forest. Minutes later, she finally arrived at her destination. Yerim knocked on the door. "Miss, It's me, Yerim." She spoke with a soft voice.

A woman opened the door and saw the child standing. Yerim handed the money to her while smiling childishly and left. The woman couldn't help but smile as well and waved at her. When she was walking, She saw a black smoke coming from the village. Her heart started beating fast then she walked faster and ran.

She saw the village burning while hiding behind a tree. She couldn't do anything but hear screams and cries. tears fell from her eyes and her body was shaking. Knowing her parents must have died, she started feeling terrified not knowing where to go. She saw masked men bringing spears while walking towards some carriages. When they finally left, she went out of her hiding spot and saw people lying down on the ground. There was nothing left, the village she was living in disappeared and left nothing but dust and dead bodies.

She thought about going to the capital and see what she can do there. Yerim started walking, but then realized it was already night time and was a risky thing to do. She went to the woman's cabin, where she came before and knocked on the door. When the woman opened, She saw a child with a sad face and teary eyes. Yerim spoke with a shaky voice. "Miss, can I stay here for the night?...sniff..."

Her heart melted and immediately asked the girl to come in. She asked her what happened while pouring water into a cup.
Yerim told her everything that happened and said that she's wanting to go to the capital.

The woman sat beside her and was really sorry for the child. In a young age, her parents died and was completely left with nothing. "Are you sure you wanna go to the capital?" The woman asked.

Yerim sniffed and then answered. "Yes, I think my mom's sister lives there, I'll try asking her to take me in."

The woman couldn't do anything so, she tried comforting her by saying some silly jokes and read her stories while going to bed.

The next morning, she took off early and rode a carriage carrying corns going towards the capital. The woman packed her some snacks and gave her a little money. She waved at her for the last time and thanked her for her kindness.

She was about to doze off when she heard some people talking. She opened her eyes and saw gaurds standing in front of a big wall. She stepped out of the carriage and handed some coins to the old man driving.

She wandered off to the streets and began her search. She asked some people if they knew someone named 'Son Chaemi'. She was a married woman. Finally having an answer, Yerim went to the place where a couple told her where she's currently living.

She walked towards a village and asked some fokes where her house was. A woman pointed to a small cottage by the lake. Yerim came towards the cottage and stopped near the door while taking a deep breath. Then, she knocked on the door and called her name out.

When the door opened, she saw a woman carrying a baby. Chaemi spoke. "Who are you?"

Yerim stared at her for a while and then answered. "I'm Shin Yerim, I'm Shin Ara's daughter, Sorry to tell you this but can I... move in here?"

Chaemi paused for a while and after remembering that it was her sister, She did something uncalled for.

Her face started looking angry then started shouting. "That bratt left me her debts and payments! and now, She wants me to take care of her child, Hell I would! She slammed the door closed and left Yerim standing with a surprised and scared face.

She let out a sigh and sat down the stairs. Her face was full of sadness and memories from the past flashed before her eyes. tears fell on her face and immediately wiped them off. She stood up and wandered off alone.

Coment💜
Vote 💜
Follow💜