O N E

April's pov.

Family is suppose to be our safe place but more often it's the place where we find the deepest heartaches...

Why am I  being treated like this god! I might have done something wrong in my last life that's why I'm being treated like this?

My foster dad hits me every time he gets angry... I'm almost 19 now. I was adopted by them. When I was just 5 years old. I remember their first meeting . They seemed too good till I was 10 after my 10th birthday they got bad they started beating me and abusing me.

They used to beat me when my foster brother went for his school. They home schooled me. I was glad for that. I got pretty good grades and passed high school with pretty good grades and 4.0 GPA.

The situation got worse after he left for college ...they used to beat the shit out of me every time they hit me. I would sneak out of my room at night to the nearest pharmacy and put ointment on my wounds I has been hard for me to cope up with my studies and the beating sometimes I wouldn't be half unconscious in the lectures but I managed it somehow .

My foster brother is coming today. He was away for four years of his college I have loved him since childhood and I still love him. Though he is my foster brother he takes care of me like my real brother. He doesn't know about how his parents beat me if he knows then I don't know how he'll react. The act good with me when he is around but as soon as he is not around I get beaten. He is always on my side

And I am not going to tell him about it any time soon. I don't want him to pity me or feel guilty about this situation I know him he'll blame himself for this that he wasn't there to protect me but I am grateful that he wasn't here or he would have got beaten too.

Everyday I do everything they say, laundry, cooking, sweeping everywork they say I do but in return I get beaten. They never even let me call them Mom and Dad instead I call them Ma'am and Sir sometimes I wonder why am I even alive, I wonder why my biological parents left me in the foster care. I don't even know if they are alive.

When I used to ask ma'am  about my biological parents they just yell at me and beat me telling me that they hate my parents and not to speak about them again so I stopped asking. Apparently my foster brother Owen knows something about them and told me once that they are really sweet and good people, he even met them once. All I have of them is my last name Jones. I wonder if I'll be able to meet them ever.

Here I am applying ointment to my wounds from last night. I graduated highschool a few days ago. I asked sir last night if I can go to college but he refused and beat the shit out of me that's why I am dealing with my wounds right now.

Sir and ma'am are out for business, they are pretty rich but treats me like a trash. Owen is also returning today he said he'll bring be gifts and I am excited what it would be. Just as i got up to start making lunch the front door slammed open oh fuck they are here they told me that if the lunch is not ready before they come here I would surely get a punishment I would regret

"where are you, you slut?" a deep male voice boomed which belonged to sir and I was terrified I have yet to make the lunch and they are already here I gonna get seriously beaten up shit!

He came in the kitchen and dragged me to the living room and I already know what is going to happen they are gonna hit me till they are tired
Of hitting me.

"I told you to get the lunch ready but you don't listen now I'm going to punish you" sir said with venom dripping from his tone

They started hitting me. They punched me in every place possible and kicked me, slapped me after some time I just wanted to faint and not feel anything if I faint they would leave me alone but whenever they hit me I never faint.

They took the baseball bat and hit me with me, dark visions started irrupting in my eyes and just as I was about to close my eyes there was an angry voice Inturrupting my peaceful slumber

"what the fuck are you doing to her? Why are you hitting her?" Owen it was him. Owen yelled at his parents and carried me in his arms to his room and treated my wounds

After a few hours of sleep I finally woke up with Owen's worried face

"are you OK sis? do you need anything? I am sorry i was not there to protect you" he cried and I squeezed his hand for comfort

After he make me tell him everything he was burning with rage about to go there to his parents and beat the shit out of them– his words not mine –bit I stopped him or else it would get worse.

"I'm going to get us out of this hell and this town as soon as possible sis don't worry I have a degree now and you are 19 you are a leagal adult now we can get out of here I promise. I love you baby sis" he kissed my forehead and laid beside me.

"I love you too big bro" I said as sleep took over. With one thought in my mind

I can finally get out of this hell

But little did I know what was going to happen.

––––––––––––

A/N: first chapter of my first book. I hope you all like it.

Thank you for reading
Sorry for the mistakes

Keep reading and don't forget to
Vote, comment and share.