Sixteen

I wake up to Colbys tired raspy voice telling me its time for the seance. I wrap my blanket around me and go out to join everyone else. I was so tired. I could fall asleep at any moment. Sam instructs us to hold hands to try to contact a spirit. I held hands with the two people next to me. Colby and Corey. Sam starts to ask the spirts something. "If you are here give us a sign. Make a noise, throw something, do anything to let us know that you are here." About 10 seconds later a door creaks. Everyone jumps up to investigate. Besides me i stay seated. It took everyone a few minutes to realize that i didnt get up. "Wait Liv did you hear that." Sam asks me. "Yeah." I respond. "How are you not shitting your pants right now?" Corey asks. "If I am being honest. I woke up 5 minutes ago and have absolutely no clue as to whats going on." Everyone laughs and i dont remember much after that because i fell asleep on the couch.
After waking up and leaving the hotel i post a picture on instagram that Colby took of me a few days ago.

     Once back home everyone kinda divides to go see their girlfriends. Corey and Hazel go to Coreys room. Jake and Tara go to Jakes room. Sam and Kat go to Sams room. And Colby and I go to our shared room. The master bedroom. "Im gonna take a shower." I say setting my stuff down while Colby puts his things away. "Okay have fun dont drown." "Ill try not to." I say already in the bathroom.
After my shower i wrap myself up in a towel and leave the bathroom to go to my closet. "Oh shit come here." Colby says walking over to me. "Baby i have to get dressed." I say as he wraps his arms around me and starts to kiss me. "No you dont." Colby states pausing the kiss. He lays me down on the bed which causes a heated makeout sesh. I let go of my towel and grab both sides of his face as he kisses me. God he looked so good from this angle. Seeing his fluffy hair hang down over me. Colby took off his shirt and continued to kiss me. "Hey Colby I- oh nevermind." Sam says closing the door after walking into Colbys room interrupting us. "Imma go see what he wants." Colby says getting off of me and leaving the room. I took that as a hint that nothing else was going to happen so i got dressed.
About 20 minutes later Colby comes back into his room while im doing my makeup. "Hey baby. Um im taking Sam to the hospital ill be right back." "Is he okay? What happened?" "He is fine but ill tell you later we have to go." "Okay bye love you be safe." "Love you too." Colby says in a rush.
Finishing up my make up i decided to go down stairs to see if anybody knew what was going on. Nobody was over so it was just Corey, Jake, and Hazel. Everybody seemed surprisingly calm. "So what happened with Sam?" I ask sitting down on the couch. "He broke his back." Jake says. "What?! Is he okay?" I ask slightly freaking out. "Yeah hes fine but guess what we got it on video see." Hazel says showing me the graphic video. "Oh gosh." I respond. "So thats why Sam pulled him out of the room." "Yeah Tiktok is just more important than you Liv." "Wow okay thanks Corey." I say in a joking tone.
After about 30 minutes of hanging out i decide to make tacos for dinner. As I was making food Spencer came in and sat on the counter next to me. "Mmm tacos. Just like mom used to make." "Yeah...how are they?" I ask. "The tacos?" "No mom and dad you idiot." "They are okay. Mom isnt doing well she has stage 4 lung cancer. And dad is doing everything he can for her." I looked at Spencer with concern filling my eyes. "Is she okay? Do i need to go and see her?" "No liv shes fine stay here and dont go and see her. She is mad at both of us." "What do you mean botn of us?" I ask "well shes mad at you originally thats why we moved away and now she is even more mad because of the video you posted. We all watched your video. And after i tried backing you up and standing up to mom. She kicked me out." "Spencer why didn't you tell me?" "Because i didnt want to stress you out you have the perfect life here. And i want that to Thats why i found an apartment here in Waikiki beach." "Wait really?" "Yup i move in a few days." "YAY! Spence good for you!" I hug him and with that the food was done and everyone started eating. "Yo Liv these are bomb as fuck." Jake says taking another bite. "Thanks."
After we all ate i went up to Colbys room for a bit so i could process what Spencer had told me. 45 minutes later i get a facetime call from Colby. "Hey handsome." I answer. "Whats up beautiful. So ive been sitting in my car for a solid hour and a half waiting for Sam and the doctor said that it could be up to 3 hours longer so if i come and pick you up will you hang out with me." "Of course will you stay on face time while you drive i miss hearing your voice." Colby smiles and shakes his head at my request. "Of course." I smile at his answer and continue talking to him for another 20 minutes. Then out of nowhere he hangs up on me. So i assume hes here.
"Uh oh boner alert." I hear from Colbys phone as i get in the car. "Perfect fucking timing." Colby says closing TikTok and setting his phone next to him. "Where do you want to go? We have 3 hours to kill." He asked looking at me. The way he gave me his full attention was everything to me. "What are my options?" "Anywhere on the island." "Beach?" I suggest. Its night time so i thought we could go and hang out for a bit. Without another word Colby starts to drive. He has been gone for a few hours and i missed him. The longest i have been away from him was a week and that was when he had just moved here. This man had my heart. I got lost in the way he drives. One hand on the wheel with the other in his lap. Focused on the road. When he caught me staring he took this free hand and placed it on my thigh.