3.A Dodged Death

Naomi Rowse

The information I got just now,is a lot to take in.

Have I entered a story book?

Where to start from?

It all started during the last summer,when I went on a vacation,with my friends to Hawaii.

On the second day I met a gorgeous King charming,who swept me off my feet.

Basil Watson.

We met in the hotel lobby,cause our room keys got exchanged by the cleaner.

What was the king doing at an average hotel?

He escaped from the palace to spend time by himself.

So we met,we talked,we met again and again and soon enough,I was dating the King of our country on foreign lands.

But as they say nothing lasts forever.This didn't either.

We came back to our homeland,London.

No we didn't broke up.

We were dating,but no one knew except a few royal officials.

And a few days later,I was kidnapped.Basil thinks it was the group of opposer of the royal family.Because without having a queen by his side to rule,there can be no official king.

Basil's parents died when he was 16.He has been acting as the King since then.He has an older brother,but for some reasons he is not the king.This is what the citizens know,and that's what even I know right now.

The royal guards looked for me for two weeks,at the end of the week they found the place where I had been kept,there were dead bodies of the kidnappers,but I was not there.

He has been still looking for me,when today,someone anonymous told him about my whereabouts. 

As no one knew about me dating Basil,Calli had no idea where I was or what happened to me.A lady had called an ambulance and I was found at a bus stop by the paramedics.No one knows who that lady is.And when I woke up I didn't remember anything,so the doctor had advised to not mention anything to me.

I remember what my parents told me,that I got into a car accident.

Yup definitely a book.

The doctor thinks my memory loss is temporary,it can be psychological amnesia or due to the over dose of sleeping drugs,that might have been injected during the kidnapping.

This is crazy!!!

Right now,I'm getting discharged and going with Basil,to his palace.We came to this decision after arguing for about an eternity.He is one hell of a stubborn man.

I don't know him that well.I mean yeah he might have been my lover,but right now I've no memory of him,I've no idea what kind of person he is.

Naomi has taken the responsibility of working with Basil's head bodyguard,to find out what happened that day.

We get out of the hospital and a bently comes to our site.

Basil keeps his hand on my back,gently guiding me to the car.

We were greeted by his Head Bodyguard,Hadwin Chasey.

After an hour of complete silence and stealing glances,we finally reached the palace.

It is huge,how many people actually live there?

Basil helped me out of the car and guided me inside.

"Meet Ms.Mary,the head court lady of the royal household,she was my dad's care taker since he was a child."he said gesturing to the same old woman,the one in my dreams,and the one who I've a feeling was stalking me.

She smiled at me,"Good to see you again Your Highness"she said bowing.

"Uhh..please call me Naomi."

"I'm sorry Your Highness but I can't really do that,royal family members are not to be called by their names."

"But I'm not a royal family member Ms.Mary."

"Ms.Mary for the time being,please call her Ms.Rowse."Basil interrupted.

"Okay Your Highness,I've made space in your room for Ms.Rowse Your Highness."

"But I asked you to prepare another room for her,she won't be comfortable in being in the same room as me right now."

"I've made another room too Your Highness.But I think it would be better for Ms.Rowse to stay with you all the time for security reasons."

With that she excused herself.

"Would it be okay for you to stay in my room?"

"Yeah no worries.

We climbed the stairs and reached his room,which was gigantic.

"There are clothes in the closet for you,you can use it,I'll wait for you here,if you need help,let me know."he said giving me a soft smile.

"Yeah thank you."I replied back giving him a soft smile.

I changed my clothes and went on the bed and scrolled through the phones and Basil went inside the bathroom.

After a while he came out and said he had some work he'll be back soon,if I needed something I just gotta give him a call.

I was wandering around the room,looking at the things present in the room,just passing my time,when I heard a voice,"I see you're back."