Part 2, Chapter 6: Found

The next morning, we stayed there. Around midday, we heard footsteps. We hunched down lower to hide ourselves.

"Hello?" a friendly voice ventured. The footsteps neared. Then, the person pulled back the bush and saw us crouched down. At first he seemed cautious, but once he saw us injured he walked around the bush. "Are you guys okay?" he asked, eyes wide. The boy looked around 16. He knelt down next to us. I noticed a smaller boy around our age standing behind him. He noticed my thigh and took the cloth out of my hand. He pressed it onto my bleeding leg, holding it firmly. He had curly brown hair and bright blue eyes. The younger boy had the same hair and same eyes. They were both fit and muscular. Once it was taken care of for the moment, he leaned back and offered his hand to me.

"Raiden. Nice to meet you."

"Avis. And that's my twin, Nyx." I said, and Nyx waved in greeting and said hello.

"That's my younger brother, Ryles. Would you mind telling me what happened?" I nodded and explained. I told him the entire story.

"And so Nyx has a sprained ankle, and I well, you can see." He nodded, sadly.

"Our village is just over that hill, if you guys want, you can come back and get cleaned up." We nodded.

"If that's okay, then we'd be delighted. Although, we can't really travel fast." Nyx said, awkwardly. Raiden nodded. The two boys hauled us off the ground. Ryles helped Nyx limp along. They had their arms around each other and Nyx was hopping and leaning on Ryles. I couldn't move or walk anymore to my distaste. In walking to the bush last night I had injured it even more and now I could barely move. Raiden looked in our bag and pulled out a shirt. He asked if he could use it and I agreed.

Raiden tied the shirt around my thigh and lifted me off the ground. I winced and he muttered an apology. He carried me over the hill and down to the village, speaking softly and reassuringly all of the way.

Once we got there, Raiden yelled to the people to clear the way. People turned, surprised, but once they saw the four of us, they allowed us to quickly blow by.

A/N: A short chapter, but this wraps up Part 2.  Enjoy :D