Chapter 18 - Return Of A Shadow

It was a few days later and seen as Ana was given the evening off by her Master she had decided to meet up with some other Padawans. She had invited both Caleb and Ahsoka to hang out in the Temple gardens, and Ahsoka had even promised to bring another friend of hers named Barriss Offee, the Padawan of Master Unduli. Caleb and Ana were already waiting when Ahsoka and the mirilian came around the corner. After a brief introduction they all sat down together as Ahsoka bullied them into playing truth or dare.

"Alright, I'll start" the togrutan squealed excitedly "Barriss, truth or dare?". "Dare" the girl responded carefully. "I dare you, to make a daisy chain and wear it for the rest of the day". "Nooo, Ahsoka, that's the worst" Barriss whined. "You wanted a dare, you can't back out now" Ana encouraged her. "Fine, let me go get the flowers" the mirilian gave in as she got to her feet to find some daisies. "Alright, Caleb, truth or dare?" Barriss asked, putting down the flowers and getting to work.

"Truth" Caleb replied with a smile, not willing to end up wearing a daisy chain as well. "If you had to go to dinner with any Master other than Master Billaba, who would you go with?" the mirilian asked him. "Probably Master Windu". "No way, the man has like zero social skills" Ahsoka laughed in disbelieve. "No he doesn't, he can actually be pretty decent if he tries" Ana went to her Masters defence. "Besides, he likes me" Caleb added with a proud smile. "Yeah, because Ana and Master Billaba like you and he likes them" Ahsoka  explained, making Caleb raise an eyebrow at her judgementally.

"Finished!" Barriss interrupted the discussion, holding out her daisy chain. "I still don't believe I'm actually doing this" she muttered as she put it onto her head. "How about we continue?" Caleb suggested "Ana, truth or dare". "Truth, I'm not ready to embarress myself yet". Caleb smiled excitedly as he asked the girl his question "If you Were given the opportunity to see a random day in your future, would you do it?". "Ooooh, that's a good one" Barriss commented as Ana began to think hard about it. "I don't think I would want to see it. I mean, if it's any normal day, it's just going to be boring, if it's a good day, it would be robbing me of the surprise and if it's a bad day I wouldn't want to know. Even if I could change the bad day that way, I would still have to live with the knowledge of what was supposed to happen that day" Ana gave a lenghty explaination.

"That's a good answer" Ahsoka gave her praise "I don't think I would have though to think of it that way". "Well, let's see if you can think of something else then. Ahsoka, truth or dare" Ana asked with a mischievous smirk. "I think I'll go with dare". "I want you to prank call Rex" Ana's grin got even wider. "To tell him what exactly?" the togrutan asked slightly confused. "Just tell him anything that comes to mind" Ana replied, motioning for her to activate her comlink.

"Rex here" the Captain's voice sounded through Ahsoka's com. "Who is there?" Ahsoka did her best to conceal her voice. From the way he responded, it seemed that he bought it "This Captain Rex of the Grand Army of the Republic. This frequency is a military fequency. Who are you and why are you using it?". "Would you like to buy a butler droid" Ahsoka panicked while the other Padawans were already trying hard not to laugh. "Excuse me?" they could hear Rex's confused voice on the other end of the line. "You can even have two butler droids. We have a limited offer on them. Buy two, pay for three" Ahsoka improvised again.

"Alright, identify yourself now before I have the source of this call traced back to you and report you for using a military fequency without authorization" Rex ordered as the Padawans started to laugh. "No need to, it's just me Rex" Ahsoka calmed him down again, switching back to her normal voice "Ana dared me to prank call you". On the other end of the line they could hear Rex sigh in relief. "I must admit, I didn't recognize you, good job" the Clone congratulated her on her success. "Thanks, I tried my best. Well, I'll let you get back to work now. I'll see you tomorrow" Ahsoka said goodbye to the Captain. "Good night Commander" Rex responded before Ahsoka turned off her com.