my family

title: my family - migos, karol g, snoop dogg and rock mafia

billie's POV

two years later

---------------------------------------

"hey buddy! how was school?" i ask once gray runs in, jumping into my arms. the triplets don't actually go to a real school, we just call the kids going to my parents' house school so they don't feel different from other kids even though they are. "it was so cool! papa and i built this for you" he explains, referring to dad when he says papa before holding out a little birdhouse. "woah! that looks awesome. thank you so much little man. where's em and finn?" i ask, looking back at the door.

"look at this, it's our house" elle jokes as she comes in with finn and em, holding two a few bags while somehow holding the kids as well. "do you need help?" i question, seeing as she's holding a ton of stuff. "nope. nope. nope. i got it." she waves it off and places everything down. "everybody clap for mommy. you see what she just did? sing the song" i order, making the kids smile widely. "macho macho mommy. she is a very macho mom" they sing the tune of macho man by the village people in unison as they jump up and down and clap. "good job guys" i laugh and walk over and hug elle. "i missed you and your beautiful face" i tell her, making her smile before looking down just like she did when we were teenagers. "stoppp" she giggles and blushes.

"mama! look what i made" em demands, tugging on the bottom of my shirt. "say please" i order without moving a muscle from my position. "please?" she rephrases. i turn around and kneel down to her level as she holds her creation out to me. "whoa, that's awesome!" i exclaim, looking back at elle to see if she knows what it is. it's a little ball with googly eyes and some sort of fluffy material. "em tell her about your worry monster" elle orders, subtly telling me what it is. "grandma put rice in it and when the worry monster comes, i squeeze it away as hard as i can." she explains. "that's great. what's their name?" i ask. "um... i didn't name him. but i think i'll call him... hellboy!" she exclaims and pumps her fist, obviously proud of herself. "emory, you can't say that word. that's a big kid word" elle reminds her. "i'm sorry. i'm sorry. his name is thomas." she apologizes. i hear elle's breath hitch quietly and i bite the inside of my cheek. "let's think of something else. how about we just call him worry monster" i suggest. "okay mama" she agrees.

"finn did you make anything?" i ask, seeing him slowly approach us as he assumes our conversation with em is done. "i made you and mommy this poem" he answers and holds it up for us. "i already read it. it's really good" elle explains as i position it so we can both read it. i shrug and start reading with a smile.

my mommy and my mama

some people think it's weird i have two mommies
but i don't, i have one mommy and one mama
they do normal things like read me stories
and take me on walks when i wanna
they give me hugs
and lots and lots of loves
they kiss me,
tell me they miss me,
go on walks with me
and have long talks with me
they say sweet dreams to me
and sing songs to me
these are the reasons i am so glad they belong to me

i feel myself start to tear and at such a silly thing and wipe my eyes. without saying a word, i kneel down and hug him and he hugs me back. "mama are you crying? i'm sorry i didn't mean to-" he starts but i cut him off. "it's really, really good. thank you so much." i tell him. "you're welcome mama" he responds. i let go of him and kiss the top of his head. "i'm gonna frame it and save it forever. and then one day when you get married i'm gonna read it at your wedding" i explain, seeing him smile. "okay mama" he nods with the same wide grin. he runs over to his siblings and i turn around and frown at elle. "i know right?" she pouts back and hugs me. "i love this so much" i sniffle and she laughs. "me too" she says and rubs my back.