Chapter 3

I feel like everything I write is shit, tbh

Alfred's POV

I looked at my sleeping boyfriend. I kissed him softly to wake him up, although I was pushed off by a blushing Arthur. He covered his face with the pillow. I laughed. He punched me playfully.

"You are an arsehole."

"Aww but Artie I-"

"Don't call me that.. Git."

I frowned. Only to sooner smile and pick him up bridal and carry him to the living room. "Release me you wanker!" I let him go onto the couch and got him one of his scones while I got a burger. He ate it quietly and with no words said. Once he finished it, he sat back on the couch (not losing his perfect posture though!)

~~~

Arthur grew tired and fell asleep on my lap. He looked peaceful up until a few minutes ago. He was furrowing his eyebrows and turning. I realized he was having a nightmare when he started crying.

"Artie wake up" I shook him awake. He jumped up and hugged me. I didn't question it.

"Sorry" he said as he backed up.

"Don't be dude. What happened?" He shook his head. "Okay." I rubbed his back

~~~

I took Iggy somewhere fun to get his mind off of things. He seemed to have a good time but I couldn't tell for sure. He still seemed off. I didn't take him to an american restaurant. I took him to a place with tea and that shit. He enjoyed the tea, but didn't talk.

When we got back to my house I grabbed his wrist. I looked at him. "What's wrong. You've been acting weird all day."

"Nothing you git. I am fine." He pulled his arm away and made his way to the bathroom. I heard bathwater going. I set some clothing on the bed and watched TV eating ice cream. I heard the bathroom door open. I heard my door close and I shut the TV off.

"Artie?"

"What Alfred?"

"Are you getting changed?"

"Yes."

He soon walked out with pajamas on. They were the ones I set out and they have the original american flag on them with the 13 stars. They were mine so they were quite big on his tiny body. He sat down next to me but didn't look at me or talk to me. He looked down. I noticed something dripping from his face. I made him look at me. He was indeed crying. I gave him a hug. "Okay now tell me what is wrong?"

"T-This flag. It is the one you held in the revolution..." He hiccupped.

"So? Aren't you over that? I gonna over it a while ago." I pulled back from the hug.

"No I'm not over it you idiot! You left me and made me feel terrible! It hurts.. Can you not ever learn to read the atmosphere?!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you weren't over it."

"Nobody knew! To everyone I'm just 'grumpy old Great Britain'. Nobody cared about me. Damn it not even you! I hate you Alfred!" My heart sank. I looked down. He stood up and ran into the bathroom. He didn't come out even after a few hours.

I got up and tried to open the door. Locked. I got a butterknife from the kitchen and unlocked it. He was lying against the bathtub asleep. I picked him up and carried him to my bed. "You may hate me but I still love you" I kissed his forehead and went to my couch to sleep.

Arthur's POV

I woke up on Alfred's bed. He must have carried me here. Why does he still want me here? I told him I hate him. I really do not hate him. I was angry. I hope he knows that. I still love him.