↠ S e v e n ↞

No One Said a Thing.

They watched as the two took turns eating the only prey that they had caught out of pure luck. Dapplepaw's eyes glistened just looking at them, her claws digging deep into the earth.

Thrushpaw looked at her with pity as well as Whitepaw, Tawnypaw and Specklepaw looked at the two cats with anger, hatred in their eyes.

"Wait, what about the others?" Poppydawn looked at her 'companion'.

"The apprentices will be given prey by the other hunting patrols, as well as the elders. Pineheart told me and the others to give what prey we caught to the one who needs it most, so I gave it to you." Windflight flashed her a sickening sweet smile that they despised.

Thrushpaw unconsciously growled lowly from afar, his irises in slits as he imagined his mother that looked so skiny and frail that she even managed to bare not eating a worm he offered her back then. The sight of tree bark that she ate disgustingly but desperately did to keep her alive.

Rainfur is the one that needs it the most..

Dapplepaw sniffled, they all waited for her to burst into tears, to run up to them and claw their pelts and to carry it back to their den to use as decoration. But her eyes only glistened, tears did not fall.

"Dapplepaw, are you okay?" Whitepaw asked, concern laced in her voice.

The tortoiseshell apprentice took deep breaths and smiled "Y-yeah..I'm okay. I forgot that I didn't kill my..m-mouse before burying it, must have run away. Let's go home."

She ran off first, possibly back to camp so she can sleep on her moss bed, and dream about a place where everything was the same, where she was still happy and did not believe her littermates about the bad things they have seen.

But after what she saw, everything that Thrushpaw had said was true.

They followed their sister, leaving the two warriors who are sharing a moment in peace.

─────────ೋღ🌺ღೋ─────────

Something Was Amiss.

When they had catched up with Dapplepaw, they all headed down from the ravine and through the fern tunnel. But what was unusual is that they can feel their clanmates' eyes on them, which was actually true, they were glowing since their surroundings darkened because of the rain.

Thrushpaw did not know why, that's what scared him.

"What's wrong with them?" Tawnypaw tried ignoring their gazes as he looked the other way. "Their acting as if someone is..dying."

They all looked at each other in fear.

Goosefeather appeared from the nursery, his pale blue eyes saw them, with his tail he gestured them over. Without hesitation they ran towards him.

"How's Rainfur?"

"Is she okay?"

"Can we see her?"

The medicine cat apprentice growled, shutting them up. He shook his head sadly, no words needed to know what that meant.

"She couldn't handle the hunger.." He said in a whisper "She's been vomiting."