↠ T h i r t e e n ↞

"White-eye! Speckletail! Dappletail!" The Crowd Chanted Their Names. The three new warriors beamed with pride. During their assessment White-eye had caught a large squirrel, a vole & two mice only using her sharp hearing which was really impressive since she had failed catching a blackbird when she focused with her eyes.

Speckletail had also caught a squirrel, but instead of a vole and mice she had caught two sparrows and the blackbird that White-eye chased, she wanted her to have it but her sister said it was her catch so she deserved it. Dappletail was the only one who decided to go to sunningrocks first and that's where she caught a mouse and the moorhen. Although it seemed that she only caught those. However, she helped the two sisters hunt down a rabbit that came from Fourtrees and possibly from WindClan, since their stench and a claw marks were on it. That white furred rabbit was their best catch they had hunted together. Pinestar wanted to give them the same last names showing their closeness of being sisters, but the name 'Whitetail' seemed weird since her fur was actually a pale gray and was just mostly mistaken as white.

White-eye loved the second option of her name though, saying that it really suited her. Speckletail and Dappletail liked theirs, since they too had become closer during their apprenticeship, sharing the same love and concern for White-eye.

When Thrushpelt had arrived at the Owl tree Windflight wasn't there too. So he was the one to inform them of how Dappletail did, having to lie that he saw her catch the two pieces of prey, even though he didn't even know really when and how. The confrontation with Oakpaw though is what made Dappletail pass her assessment too, her boasting about how she defeated Oakpaw, which surprised the two warriors since they knew the reddish-brown tom was bigger than her. When they had gone back to camp were Windflight was already there sharing tongues with Poppydawn, making the two mentors and the apprentices frustrated, but silent since his mate will bring future clanmates soon. Thrushpelt saw how he took the rabbit his daughter(s) caught with no hesitation as he brought it to his mate. Weedwhisker had his eyes set on that piece of prey, only for the gleam in his eyes to dull when someone else took it. Good thing when Windflight was sent to a patrol Poppydawn was too full as she brought the large prey to the elders.

When the ceremony ended the first one to greet the three was no other than Tawnyspots. He ran up to them as he did a flying leap, tackling all three to the ground with his body. Speckletail growled in response.

"Get off us flea-brain!" she growled, although there was a hint of a smile on her face.

The three she-cats used all their might to turn the rock around and tackle him. The tom let out choking noises as White-eye dragged him down by the shoulders near his throat while Dappletail and Speckletail towered over him and pushed the tom downwards.

"Thrushpelt..help!" The tom pleaded, making the she-cats giggle.

Thrushpelt chuckled as he backed away. Tawnyspots' eyes widened in playful fear.

"Don't leave..-ack!!"

By now he was far across the clearing. That's far enough..
He bunched up his haunches, his claws flexing as they lightly scratched the dirt.

Now!

Pushing his hind legs as strongly as he can, he made a run for it, his front claws gripping the soft ground as he pulled and used it to push himself faster. Dappletail looked up at him and it was her turn to widen her eyes in fear.

"No..Stop!!" She shrieked, watching his move and trying to run away.

"Oh no you're not." Tawnyspots used a free arm to pull her close, making her squirm in panic. The other two found out too late why she was desperate to leave till a shadow loomed over them.