↠ T w e l v e ↞

After The Border Patrol, Everything Passed By in a Blur. Whitepaw had already been healed a while ago and was training at the same time with both Specklepaw and Dapplepaw. But today this day is their special day.

Thrushpelt and Tawnyspots were assigned to be the special warriors to keep an eye on all three apprentices with their mentors. The sun hasn't even risen from the sky but all the apprentices were already awake and hyper.

"You guys are up early, what's going on?" Tawnyspots acted oblivious to the occasion today. Dapplepaw was the over-excited one to answer before the two did.

"Today is our warrior assessment!" She kept bouncing up and down like she was when they were kits.

Whitepaw traced her claw on the dirt "Is it okay to feel excited but..nervous?"

Thrushpelt smiled, knowing the feeling of how he was both excited yet anxious to do the assessment after turning down Pinestar's offer of being a warrior after the badger attack. "I never knew anyone who was not. Just do what you've all been doing already, you'll do great."

Specklepaw smiled in gratitude at the tom's words, seeing how it made her sister feel at ease.

Dapplepaw looked at her two brothers with curiosity "Why are you two awake so early by the way?"

"Dawn patrol."

"Only you two?" Specklepaw raised a brow at them.

Thrushpelt decided to play along with Tawnyspots "Of course we'll wait for Sunfall to assign the others. Why do you think its only us?"

No one had answered when the three silhouettes of warriors appeared out of the warrior's den.

Robinwing shot Specklepaw a look to stop her from asking anymore questions "I think we'll start now before you three start pestering the 'dawn patrol'."

"We weren't pestering them! We were just..prying for answers." Dapplepaw explained.

Smallear scoffed "Sounds irritating and its the same thing. But its true that Specklepaw was just asking a question."

Specklepaw licked the ruffled fur on her chest so Thrushpwlt couldn't see the embarassed expression she would always have when the warrior came in her defense. The two brothers knew that Smallear had taken a liking to their foster sister, just by the way he'd offer her a tasty catch or help her with apprentice duties that no one liked to be doing. Whitepaw had also noticed that but she was delighted that her mentor liked her sister, she says that Specklepaw deserves someone to make her 'happy' since she can't be the only one who does..besides their foster littermates.

"Ah, Smallear..always defending Specklepaw, its so cute." A deep voice meowed from behind.

Even though no one can see the cat's face yet, their tails flicked in annoyance while Dapplepaw did not hide her true feelings as she let out a soft growl, earning her a soft cuffing on the ear by Robinwing. Tawnyspots backed away when the cat was near, hiding the half of his body where the back of his pelt was fluffed.

Robinwing nodded at the cat's direction "The apprentices will start their assesment now, Windflight."

It wasn't long before Moonflower had given birth when news spread that Poppydawn was expecting kits, the father was no other than Windflight himself. Dapplepaw was the one most upset about how the red furred she-cat had found happiness with the tom she had used to call 'father'. Tawnyspots and the others also did not like the news that their father was going to have a new litter with someone that wasn't Rainfur, but they kept their thoughts to themselves as they avoided the expecting queen altogether. Thrushpelt did not share the same emotion as his littermates though but rather felt..happiness. He had congratulated Poppydawn despite his littermates' glares. Looking back at that now as he looked at his sister, he didn't know if he should feel guilty.