Detective Shuichi

Okaaay, I'm realizing that the whole switching pov thing is probably kinda annoying, so I'm going to attempt to keep the same pov for the rest of the book! 3rd person here I come!
~~~~~~~~~~
The sound of the morning announcement rang through Shuichi's ears... Waking him from his slumber. His eyes fluttered open, slightly confused on where he was. He glanced around his surroundings, this was indeed his room. Same bed, same chair, same tv, same walls, same closet, same Kokichi, same sheets-
Wait
.
.
.
Kokichi?!

   Shuichi looked over to see the small frail boy, still in his day time clothes, sleeping right next to him. Eye to eye, one side of his face smushed into the pillow. His hand gently resting on Shuichi's, his lips slightly parted. Showing an array of, albeit a bit crooked, normal teeth. Well, all but two sharp fangs..... This confused Shuichi, until he remembered the curse. He smiled to himself, at first he was actually a bit worried Kokichi might actually kill to get out of this curse... But seeing him now, so at peace, he didn't think the boy could. Sure, Kokichi comes off as a villian, but Shuichi could tell there was much more to it. He'd studied Kokichi's mannerisms since day one, seeing small things the others didn't. How his smile always faltered when he was insulted, how whenever Gonta defended him, he'd smile just a bit more. How whenever Miu made a crude joke, he would hide his smile.

    Shuichi wanted to figure everything out about Kokichi, he was a detective after all. It was his job to solve mysteries, and Kokichi was the embodiment of mystery. You never knew what the boy would say or do. What he was feeling, what his motives were. Shuichi wanted answers so badly.

   Sure, Shuichi had already learned more about the boy then he did before, but something made him feel like he's only at the tip of the iceberg. Maybe if he broke Kokichi's mountain of  lies, he'd finally find the truth buried away under all the deceit.

  Kokichi's body turned lightly, slowly waking up. Shuichi slowly stood up, wanting to avoid the embarrassment of Kokichi finding them intertwined with one another.

   Kokichi stirred for a minute before finaly waking up. He stood up yawning, taking in his surroundings. At first he looked confused, but after a second or two, he seemed to rember what had occurred the night prior. He turned his head to look at Shuichi, his hair bunched up.

   "Good morning Saihara-Chan! Now I'd love to sit and chat, but I've got murders to plan, so I'll be on my way!" Shuichi blushed at the nickname, he doubted he'd ever get used to being called that...

  Kokichi stood up, only to be sat back down. "Shuuumaaiiii! What gives!" Shuichi sighed lightly. "Your tail is still injured. Atleast let me get you some new bandages before you leave..." Kokichi looked slightly disappointed. "Fiiiinnnneee, if it'll get you to stop mothering me." Shuichi smiled lightly, turning on his heel towards the bathroom where the first aid kit was.

  When he came back out, aid kit in hand, he was greeted with an excited Kokichi next to a chessboard. "W-Where did you even find that?!" Kokichi simply held a finger to his lips, silencing him. "Cmooon, Shu Shu! Play with meeeee! It's the least you can doooo!" Shuichi gave him a dissaproving look. "The least I can do? I haven't done anything to you." Kokichi chuckled and gestured for him to sit. Shuichi begrudgingly sat down, agreeing to one match. It was a simple game of chess, how hard could it be?

  First game went by pretty fast, Shuichi had lost. They played again he lost once more. Another round, lost, another round, lost.

   I was as if Kokichi knew exactly what Shuichi was going to do. He was always one step ahead. No matter what Shuichi did, he was never able to win. He tried countless different approaches, but everytime Kokichi won.

They had played for about 30 minutes. Well, atleast that's what they thought. In actuality, they had been playing for about 2 hours.

  They finally stopped when someone knocked on the door... Shuichi stood up, reluctantly opening the door. Only for the door to be kicked open. Whacking him in the face. Shuichi instantly knew who it was. It was painfully obvious, literally.

  None other then the space man himself, Kaito.

Sorry this is short and shitty, this is my first time writing in first person. And it's also 8 am, and I haven't slept all night so I'm kinda really loopy... I'll probably go back and fix this horrific chapter when Im less sleep drunk