Connor

What? Wait. What? Her parents abuse her. No. Just... No. "What? Really?" I ask
"Yes. They do. Promise you won't tell anyone please!" Diana says crossing her arms and looking down at the ground. I look at her straight into her eyes "No this is serious. Your parents abuse you. That's not okay."
"Please! They still love me!" She says now begging me.
"They don't love you. They abuse you. If they loved you they wouldn't abuse you. They can go to jail. They don't love you! How do they abuse you?" I ask trying not to show my anger.
"Verbally, Physically, and sometimes Mentally." She says looking up at me for a sharp second then looking back down. I stand up.
"Your not staying here tonight." I say.
"Yes I am." She glaring at the ground.
"No your not. Your coming home with me." I say.
"No. I don't want to cause your parents trouble." She says protesting.
"Parent, and yes you are. You can't stay with them anymore!" I say almost shout.
"No. They still love me." She said sternly.
"Yes. They don't care about you! If they did you wouldn't be abused and you would be living in the house. Not the garage. My mom won't mind." I say and grab her hand and practically drag her out of the 'room'.
"My parents will kill you!" Diana screams. I then pick her up bridal style. I'm not letting her go, not until we get to my house. "Do you care about me?" She asks me studying my face. I look down at her.
"Yes! Of course I do!" I say squeezing her shoulder that I'm holding in my hand. We then turn the corner to my house. "I care about you. That's why I wanted to stay. If you were there without me they would kill you. And if you died I would go into depression and kill myself just to be with you."
We reach my house and I set her down still holding her waist so she can't run home and die. I open the door and step in. "Mom. I'm home!" I yell. She appears from the kitchen.
"Hello honey. And your girlfriend is here too!" She says in her friendly voice like Molly Weasley. I take Diana to the living room, sit her down, and put on a show called 'Once Upon A Time'.
"Mom I need to talk to you. Alone." I say. Mom gives me a worried expression.
"Ok honey." She says and leads me to the kitchen across the hall from the living room. "What's the matter Conner?" She asks.
"Diana, she is ummm getting abused by her parents." I say.