Ch5- Getting to know each other

Kourtney's pov,

As soon as i opened the door to my apartment I saw Marie laying in the sofa eating ice cream looking like a huge dork in her PJ's.

"Aw hey kourt you're home. Wait what is Alvin doing here?" Marie asked me dumbfounded. "Well he got kicked out of his apartment apparently because Andrew has a date over" I told her and saw the colour drain out of her face. "Wait you're telling me Andrew has a date?" She said laughing like its the most unbelievable thing ever. "Uh yes Marie" i kinda felt bad cause she and Andrew looked hella good together though they didn't date.

"Oh okay um Kourt listen I'm gonna go out for a while. See ya" she said and left in her PJ's. She looked pretty upset. Oh god. "Excuse me miss Kourtney, where should i sit?" Asked Alvin. "Anywhere you want to. I dont mind" I told him and went to make some tea for us. Well we kinda ran out of coffee. Eh whatever.

After making tea i arrived at the living room to see Alvin looking at the sofa intently while standing. God he was adorable. Okay shut the fuck up Kourtney. "Hey Alvin what are you doing?" I asked him laughing slightly. "Oh um miss Kourtney you see i cannot choose my place. Can you tell me from which seat will i get comfort and the temperature will be perfect?" He asked me in agony. Wow i really didn't think so much before laying on that sofa.

"Um i think you could sit on the sofa by the table. Its closer to the window back there" i said after analyzing.

Alvin smiled at me and said "Good choice miss Kourtney". I felt like i melted a little. 'Thats it kourtney you are making progress' I thought to myself.

"I made tea. You were kinda upset. Would you like some?" I asked Alvin and his mouth opened wide "You offer tea to people when they're upset too?!" He asked me being surprised. "Sure why not" i said smiling. "Looks like we have more things in common than i thought miss Kourtney" he said. "I guess so Alvin. Can you please call me Kourtney only? You don't have to be formal. We can try being friends" i told him hoping we could become friends.

He looked at me like i was crazy and said "Excuse me miss Kourtney i was just being polite as you are my neighbour. I donot wish to make more friends. I have got a very large social group consisting of 4 people. Now may i have my tea?"

I was kinda disappointed and ashamed.  It looked like i was desperate for friendship. I gave him his tea and pulled up a magazine to read. I occasionally looked at him to see that he was on his phone.

It hurt hearing him say we couldn't be friends. The time went by quickly. After like an hour of silence among us Alvin told me he was called back to the apartment by Andrew. So he left and after about another hour Marie came home totally hammered.  So i put her to sleep and went to bed myself.