fifty-four: new year bonfire

Josephine's Pov

I wake up because of a sound of something dropping the living I think.
I open my eyes immediately and then I notice that Hero is missing.
I see a memo sticker on my kindle.

Good morning baby.
I'm at my moms but I'll be back
before lunch. Love you.

"Baby?" I ask to make sure that's actually him.
There is no answer but I can feel some movements in our living area.
"Baby?" I ask a bit louder hoping that his time I will get a his response.
I stand up, from the bed trying to don't make noises.
I get close to the door and I slowly let the handle go down praying that it don't makes any noise.
What if Hero didn't closed the door properly?
My heart is pounding on my chest and that feeling that I felt, that horrible feeling that I experienced with the creepy guy, it's back in my skin again.
I feel the cold sweat taking place on my forehead, back and around my lips.
In a second my bedroom became an Australian summer in a cold house in London.
I slowly open the door and my mind is lost right now.
What I have to do if is some stranger trying to break in?
How I get to the door? One I get to it what if I run but the elevator doors doesn't open?
I hear the steps sound getting closer and closer and my body is not reacting like I want.
I'm freezed, I can't move.
My breathe gets chocked by my anxiety and fear.
I grab the lamp on the nights and I unplug it.
I'm literally shaking that the lamp start to producing a sound.
I'm so sure that it's not Hero.
He have no reason to not answer me back.
The sound of the steps get even more marked.
I prepare myself and my brain for an escape and maybe break the lamp on his bed before run away.
I right the grip on the lamp even stronger holding it like a baseball bat.
I'm gasping already. I'm terrified to even look at the face of the breaker.
The breaker finally walks by and I'm ready to hit but fortunately I get to stop before it hits his cheek.
Why did I stop? Because is my stupid ass boyfriend.
Hero's eyes close expecting for a collide with the lamp but he is fortunate that I stop right in time.
I open my mouth wide open letting all the air that I kept inside for too much and my hands just let go the lam and break in the floor.

Hero's Pov

"What. The. Fuck?" I ask taking my AirPods out of my ears while I still recover from the heart attack.
I couldn't ever expect a this type of greeting from my girlfriend.
I look shocked at the broken lamp and at her sit on the ground.
I kneel down and making sure she is okay.
"Baby." I say and she look up with the tears running on her cheeks.
"What happened?" I ask so confused that seems that everything spinning.
What the hell just happened?
"You're a fucking asshole!" she says through her tears.
"What? What did I do now?" I ask trying to put the puzzle together but I still can't comprehend.
"I called you two times and you didn't answered me! I thought someone was trying to break in!" she yells me with her voice cracking a couple of times.
Jeez I didn't heard her. The music was too loud and I didn't thought that she was awake.
I get closer and I hug her.
She is shaking and I'm feeling so guilty.
"I'm sorry baby. I didn't thought that you was up and I didn't thought that I could scare you." I say on her neck while I can see her muscles relax a bit under my grip and her breathe getting normal.

Of course that this is so much more that a accident. She still traumatised from the time she was stalked and now she overthink about this even more.
We need to move to a more secure place so she can take back the peace in her heart and mind.
I can't see her this scared.

4 days later