Chapter Fifteen

"You okay?" Justin asked me a few days after I arrived home. It didn't feel like home to be honest. I felt nostalgic being here too. Apparently it doesn't matter where I am; I'm always going to miss the place I left even more. 

"Not really." I sighed. There was no point in lying to Justin; He knows me all too well. Him and Oli were the only two people who knew everything about me. Now it's just him that cares.

I guess that's a lie, Vic knows a lot too. But Vic isn't here and he never will be. Situations like this make me fucking hate money. It's literally the only reason Vic isn't here right now. I wish he was. I don't think I've wished so much for anything else. It's bad enough even though it's only been three days. Maybe I'll get over it again. 

Doubtful.

"But you don't want to talk, right?" Justin asked, once again guessing correctly. I nodded solemnly. "Here's an idea Kellin." He began, making me look up.

"What?" I asked, getting a little excited to hear what he had to say.

"Save up your money and buy him a plane ticket."

--- -

There was a nagging voice in my head the rest of the week. Justin had a point, but who knows if Vic would even comply to that. It might be too fast for him. And what about touring? I'm barely ever home anymore, and I doubt he'll want to live on a bus with us. There's barely room as it is.

Maybe it's all worth it though. Maybe, just maybe, Vic wants to be with me as much as I want to be with him. And if so; He wouldn't turn down an offer.

So I should do it, right? I should spend my money that I don't have right now on him? It doesn't sound bad, not bad at all actually. Money doesn't make me happy, but if money can bring Vic to me, I think it's worth while. 

We make money by selling merchandise and the gigs, and of course profits from songs, but we're on a break right now. I guess we still get money though, who knows if it's enough. Tickets to California are roughly $300. I'm going to have to work for this it seems. 

Side jobs, that what I need to do. I don't want a full time job, just a good paying side job. Not too much work on me, and even though Vic won't be here as fast, maybe it'll be worth the waiting, knowing you did your best for one special person. And damn is Vic that special person. He's lucky; So lucky. I hope he knows that too, even though it's a surprise for now.

I haven't talked to him since I've been home. I guess we both need some time away from each other. We haven't had that since I've been back, and I know it's for the best when couples or whatever take a small break. Nothing major, not breaking up or anything. Sometimes you need time alone, and that's what not only I need, but Vic needs it too. Everyone in the world needs their own time alone too. If some people don't get that then I don't understand how they stay sane. Some people drive me insane (And by some I mean a lot.) 

The rest of my day was uneventful for once. Usually there was some crises left at the mercy of my hands, but for once nothing major was happening. The band I had practice tomorrow, so I was more so excited for tomorrow than anything.

I haven't rehearsed in so long now, my voice is probably shit just from ignoring warm-ups. As far as I know, everyone else has been practicing. They're all going to play really good and I'm going to screw it up. 

I thought about basically everything going on in my life that night before I fell asleep, waking up into the same thoughtful atmosphere I fell asleep in.

This day was more eventful. I got up and went downstairs, making some cereal. Justin trudged down the stairs a few minutes later.

"Morning." He said quietly, taking a seat on the couch. Justin hated eating in the morning. Why I'll never know. 

"Morning." I replied, continuing to eat. I paid little attention to the channel Justin was watching. I've never been into sports like Justin has. When I finished eating, I placed my bowl in the dishwasher before taking a seat next to Justin. "When's practice?"

"Probably in a couple of hours." Justin mumbled, flicking through the channels. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. We'd start around ten I guess. With a sigh, I got up and went off to my room, digging through my closet for my microphone. There was a nostalgic feeling in the pit of my stomach when holding this microphone. I loved touring, and I really miss that right now. I miss the feeling of not being in a stable home, never knowing what's going to happen. Sure it's risky, but in the end it's all worth it. Plus you get to see almost all of the world, which is amazing. 

I opened my laptop before clicking on an audio track of one of our latest songs. I listened to it a few times before removing my vocals and plugging my mic in. With a deep breath, I restarted the track, trying to get back into the beat. It took awhile to get it to say the least. I was pretty shaky and unstable which annoyed me. Why can't my voice just be on point?

With a sigh, I practiced for the remaining 2 hours before everyone piled into the room with their instruments. I smiled slid upon my face.

"Hey!" I said excitedly, hugging each of the guys. We hadn't seen each other since I left.

"Hey." Everyone replied with before we got down to business. Everyone was a little rusty, so I didn't feel as excluded as I assumed I would.

Everything was finally getting back to normal.

--- -

I'm sorry these next few chapters really suck idk I have bad writers block right now, but I'm not gonna put off updates. Hopefully you still enjoy them though(: