Chapter Eighteen

Nearing the end I believe, that's just an estimate on timing but idk yet. Also, my other one-shot is up now so please go read/vote for it and maybe add it to your reading lists for future stories(:

--- -

I stripped the bulletin boards around town so that none of my ads and flyers were in the way. After a few meetings late last night, I've been up for awhile and I'm fatigue. Last night wasn't a very good night for sleeping. I mean, I'm packing up and leaving for California tomorrow. That's a lot to think about. 

I threw all of the crumpled flyers into the trash bin before I headed home and packed up some more furniture. My bedroom, the living room, and kitchen are vacant as of right now, but I still need to box up my bathroom items and my office. That's going to take awhile. Briefly I thought about organizing the schedule for boxing, because that's who I am. Normal me wouldn't have rushed out and bought a ticket to go half way across the country in three day, but I did. Maybe it's the excitement or the anticipation that made me do it, I don't know. All I know is I can't back out now. 

If I organized all of this, chances are it'll all go bad pretty quickly. I'll spend too much time thinking it all through to get anything done in the end. So instead of being neat and orderly, I threw everything in boxes before wrapping the box in maxing tape. I set them outside in the hall before filling up another box. These need to be taken downtown sometime today, because my flight is early and I won't have time to deliver these. I'm rushing to take my car in as it is. 

Three or four hours passed like minutes it seemed before I was done with the office. It was five in the evening, and I have to get up at four. That's ten hours of sleep if I sleep right now, but I'm not close to done yet. Maybe I'll have to sleep on the plane, who knows. 

I hurried into the bathroom, being yet again pretty sloppy with everything I was doing. Anything I could just re buy went into the trash bag, as did actual items that were worthless now. It's amazing how many objects get lost under your sink or in the back of the closet. My phone rang as I was folding up some towels.

"Hello?" I answered with, a little out of breath. I've been panicking about being ready to leave in time that I've been short of breath.

"Vic? Are you okay?" Kellin asked nervously. I didn't even realize he was the one calling. I just answered.

"Oh, hey. Yeah I'm fine." I answered, taking a few deep breaths as his line was silent.

"What are you doing?" Packing, getting ready to leave.

"Nothing much, what about you?" I bit down on my lip so I wouldn't admit it was a lie and spoil the surprise. Hopefully this is a useful surprise for him, and for me as well.

"I just got done with work..." He muttered irritably.

"Work?" I questioned, putting the phone on speaker before continuing to pack. 

"Yeah, I-um... It's nothing." He muttered nervously.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, every things fine."

"Are you lying?" I question speedily, closing my eyes shut tightly. I was trying to think if I left something behind. Dead silence filled the small room, making me open my eyes. "Kellin?"

"No... Everything's fine, don't stress yourself out about it." He replied after a long strand of silence, seeming to have himself more compact in the way he spoke, kind of like he prepared his answer.

"Okay." I gave in, but hardly did I believe him. He was nervous about what he said, I just don't know why. Why would work be such a touchy topic for him? "So... why'd you call?" I questioned, turning the topic into a lighter one. It was far too awkward for me to handle this right now, but I was doing it for the sake of Kellin. Who knows if he'll think I'm desperate to get off the phone with him.

I listened to Kellin talk for awhile after that as I continued filling up the boxes, smiling and laughing every once and awhile, whether it be because of a joke or just the way Kellin was on the phone with me after a month of him being gone. That's a long time for me.  He told me about how him and Oli saw each other which gave me an odd feeling of jealousy, but it soon faded as he explained he wasn't happy at him still. It's not that I hate Oli, it's just that he was in the way of Kellin and I and you can't really help but to be a little jealous of someone like that. Getting to love someone you love, but they don't love you back. That's what it felt like to me. 

I wonder what would've happen if I had moved on. Totally disbanded the thought of being with Kellin and moved on with someone else who was here in the moment. Usually people would say that's what you need to do because nobody like Kellin Quinn is really worth the wait. Everyone told me that, nobody thought it was worth my time and effort to wait and wait continuously. To not go one day or one night without thinking about him and how much I wished he was with me. 

Despite what everyone was saying, I just couldn't except he was gone. There had to be a reason for him to come back here. And I knew if he did I was bound to see him eventually. I was right, and that was a little bit of a relief. By then I started to panic that I was wrong. It had been three years, and even though that's a long time to wait for someone, in the end I believe it was for the better.

"Vic?" I heard Kellin asked over the phone, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I retaliated, throwing a few more things in the last box before taping it up. There, I was done. I just have to get this all out.

"We've been on the phone for two hours, I should probably get off before I use up all of my minutes." Kellin explained with a small chuckle, making my heart churn a little. I loved his laugh, and his smile. Just the way whenever he smils or laughs his eyes light up along with everything else and it's hard to look away from him. You just want to hold him and kiss him continuously. Love like his is truly addictive. 

"Right, okay." I mumbled before looking at the clock. It was a little after seven. "I'll see- uh- talk to you later, bye, I love you." I replied with quickly after I stumbled over my words. Kellin chuckled, noting that I was a little nervous for whatever reason.

"Bye, I love you too." And then the line went silent.