Stay Back!

As Jett walked through the halls of the Valorant base camp late at night, her mind wandered. This usually happened between missions, when there wasn't a lot of things to do other then train and socialize. Even though Jett was great at both, everyone needed some alone time.

"Ah shit, why do I do this to myself? Why can't I ever just stay behind the lines like a good soldier and stick with the only healer on our team?"
"Perhaps it is because you are reckless and cannot see past tomorrow".
As usual, the one to find her on these walks was one of her best friends Cypher, the information overlord.
"How did you find me Cyph?" Jett asked without turning around.
"Simple." He chuckled.
"You walked past at least 4 of my cameras. One might think that you wanted me to join you."
While it was true that Jett had walked past his cameras on purpose so he would join her, she thought it funny that he thought she didn't know about the real reason he came.
"Sage sent you didn't she?" Jett asked stopping to turn around. Cypher paused as he thought about his answer carefully.
"She worries about you Jett. You rush in and do not think  about the consequences while she has to rush to heal you."
Jett grimaced at how he worded it.
"You want to know the reason I do it? It's becau-." Suddenly, Jett spotted something out of the corner of her eye.
"She's watching through that camera isn't she."
Cypher laughed and said
" I told her that you would figure it out, but she insisted on trying anyway."  Jett smiles inwardly
"At least she worries about me, a little comfort in a worrisome world".
"Let us go Jett, we have a mission tomorrow that we should not be tired for."
Together, they walked back to the dorms.