You Will Not Kill My Allies!

Cypher and Jett has been on the run for the better part of three hours, slowly making their way towards the extraction point. Jett's leg had not stopped bleeding since then, and Cypher was starting to get tired for her weight. The only way they had remained undetected was the use of Cypher's cameras and his cages to make it difficult for Kingdom to pinpoint their location. As they swerved through back alleys and side streets, Jett tried to convince Cypher to leave her behind for the fifth time.
"Cyph if you don't leave me behind you'll get us both killed. At least leave me so you can live." Jett was pleading at this point and was in tears.

"I would rather cut my fingers off then leave you behind. You are like a sister to me and if you go down, I will be there right with you."
Jett didn't know what to say. Cyph has been there when she had first joined and it seems that he'd be here when she left it to. As they turned the last corner relief hit them both. The ship was hovering there waiting for them both. Just as they were about to board though, yet another dreaded sniper shot could be heard, and Cypher dropped to floor, a hole the size of a quarter through his forehead. Jett screamed and received another quarter sized hole on her, this time right through the temple.

It was all dark. It was as if..... the blackness was sucking everything out of her. When she looked to left, she saw a man with a mask on his face with a dejected look about his body. Another man stood in front of both of them. He seemed to be made of the blackness, and his only distinguishable features were the slots of blue light down where his face would have been. In a raspy voice he said

"You both have been killed within combat. According to the laws, I must take your souls and consume them, but I never cared for those laws. I will make you a deal. If you could somehow sa-." Suddenly, a feminine voice yelled

"YOU WILL NOT KILL MY ALLIES!" And a greenish blue hue filled the void and she felt and saw herself and the man with the mask raise up. Below her, the man screamed.

Jett woke up with a start. Her breathing was ragged and she could feel her heart beating at a mile a minute. She also noticed that Sage's face was about three inches away from hers. Jett's face quickly went red as she noticed Sage's sudden closeness.

"Sage what happened? Where am I?" Jett asked incredulously as she looked around.

"You and Cypher were killed by someone hiding with an Operator, one of the Kingdom's best sniper rifle designs. It was my tech that saved you. In fact, it was the project I was working on last night." Suddenly, Jett lunged and pulled Sage into a massive bear hug.

"I'm so sorry Sage. I'm sorry that I got killed and you had to revive me. I'm sorry for all the bullshit I've put you through. And I'm sorry what I'm about to say next." At that, Sage pulled away and had a confused look in her eye.

"I love you Sage. I have for a while now. And every time you healed me or reprimanded me for running in without back up, that feeling only grew stronger because I knew you cared. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same. Sage laughed. She laughed and laughed until she was crying. At this point Jett was a little confused and her feelings were hurt.

"I see how you feel Sage. I'll ask that you please leave so I can wallow in silence." Sage suddenly froze.

"You misunderstand Jett. The reason I was laughing is because I have waited very long for you to hear those words." And with that, Jett's bear hug turned into a very passionate kiss. After about 2 minutes, Cypher cleared his throat.