Molly's World-Chapter 5-Virgin Kisser

Chapter 5-Virgin Kisser

                I sat on my bed, at home, with my phone on the screen where you dial the number you desire. Heart beating fast, I thought about what I was going to say to Dakota. I don't really know why I'm freaking out about this. It's not like he's going to give me my first kiss or anything. Yeah, I'm a virgin kisser. Pathetic, huh? Anyways, he said it himself; all he wants to do is talk. Obviously, he just wants to get to know me. I think it would be nice to know a little more about him, too.

                But suddenly, I didn't have time to think anymore, because my phone lit up ringing the song 'American Boy' by Estelle. Panicked, I picked up the phone and pressed it to my ear. "Molly?"

                I exhaled the breath that I was holding in, relived that the call was only from Sean. "Oh hi, Sean," I said and he laughed.

                "You sound a little disappointed. What's going on?" I could hear that he was in the car from the turning signal clicking on and off. Where was he?

                "Sean?" I stood up in my room and went into my bathroom, getting ready for my shower.

                "Yeah?"

                I frowned when I couldn't find my favorite towel that had white polka dots on it. "Where are you?" Aren't you and mom supposed to be having a talk with Adam's teacher? About his recent obsession with squirting glue on people and peeing on the kids he dislikes?" I couldn't help but laugh at the last part.

                I could hear Sean sigh. "Yeah, but I am going to meet your mother there. Now, can I have you do a favor for me? Will you go look in the fridge and check the expiration date on the milk?"

                "Yeah, sure," I said and went downstairs 'til I got to the fridge. "It says that it expired yesterday."

                "Shit," He muttered. "I thought so. Okay, thank you. Tell your mom that I will be fifteen minutes late. Too bad, I might actually miss the meeting, darn."

                I laughed.

                "Bye Molly."

                "Bye."

                I hung up and threw the phone on my bed; a pile of blankets and pillows, basically on top of a mattress. I sighed and threaded my hand through my hair as I walked to the hallway closet and got the ugly yellow towel that Jon usually uses. A hot shower is what I really needed right now. I took my shower, careful to get every inch of my long blonde hair covered in the shampoo.

                When I got out of my shower, I immediately picked up my phone and dialed Dakota's number. The longer that I wait, the harder it will be to talk to him, I realized. "Hello?"

                I jumped in surprise as Dakota answered the phone.

                "Uh," I said into the phone. "Dakota?"

                "Molly? Is that you?"

                I laughed nervously. "Yeah."

                "So what's up?"

                "What time?"

                He paused. "Excuse me?"

                I smiled, even though he couldn't see me. "What time are you coming to pick me up?"