Epilogue

---------------------------> TWO WEEKS AFTER THE BATTLE OF DIAGON ALLEY, Ara, dressed in her grey, Unspeakable work-robes, walked into the Department of Mysteries and deep into the Chamber of Death where she stopped about a meter away from the veil

She pursed her lips thinly at it before reaching into her never-ending sling bag and pulling out a variety of objects.

She firstly held in her hand the elder wand of the future-past. She gave it a close-lipped smile and hesitated for a second before breaking it and tossing the parts into the veil. Next, she pulled out the resurrection stone and unflinchingly threw it inside the veil. Then, she slowly pulled out the invisibility cloak, with which she had many fond memories and gave it a small kiss. She was feeling quite regretful about this, but it wouldn't be good for this world to hold two sets of the deathly hallows. Merlin knew just one was bad enough.

"Goodbye, and thank you," Ara whispered to the cloak before she more gently cast it into the veil.

She turned on her heel to leave before pausing and turning back around as an afterthought. She just looked at the veil for a minute, entranced by it, before shaking herself out of the daze and pushing her hand into her sling-bag once more and pulling out another stone: the one from the current present.

She bit her lip, gripped the stone tightly, aimed and hurled it into the veil with all her might and watched with satisfaction as it flew inside and became dissolved by the white fumes that made up the veil.

Now, nobody would ever be able to unite the three deathly hallows.

Ara turned around and exited the room, a beautiful, care-free smile dancing on her face.

------> 0o0 <------

TWO YEARS LATER:

Malfoy Manor, Unplottable Location,

Wiltshire, England:

Regulus smiled as Narcissa poured him some tea.

The past few years had been going nicely. His and Sirius' relationship was going splendidly. Sirius had not only survived the war but had also had a son with his girlfriend Marlene, named Leo. Everybody had assumed that the name was because it was not only a star constellation, but it also was a lion which was another not-so-subtle diss to his family; but only Sirius, Ara, himself, Potter, Lupin, Marlene and Evans (after they had informed the later four) were privy to the knowledge that it was in honour of Regulus, who had assumed the name of 'Leo White' for a while.

"How are you?" Regulus asked.

"Brilliant, of course," Narcissa replied, eyes sparkling. "I think Lucius has learnt his lesson in supporting Dark Lords. He's not going to do it ever again, I'm sure. Instead, he, Draco and I have been spending much time together. It's quite fun."

While Lucius was one of the Death Eaters who had claimed impervious, he was under Ministry surveillance, meaning one wrong move and he would be thrown in jail.

Bella had cursed both, his and Lucius' names throughout the entire journey until she had been taken to Azkaban. Regulus made sure he paid her a weekly visit, even if he knew that she didn't quite like him now. He wasn't going to give up on her. He had the first-hand experience on how it felt to be deserted and alone and he wasn't going to let Bella nor Andromeda feel that way.

Speaking of Andromeda, she was back into the family along with her metamorphmagus of a daughter. The weekly family dinners tended to get a tad crazy at times with all his cousins, brother, in-laws, nephew, nieces and Ara outside Bellatrix's cell in Azkaban and eating pot roast, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

Regulus hummed at Narcissa's answer before glancing to the parlour where Ara and Draco were playing.

Narcissa followed his direction and smiled at the sight.

The presently three-year-old Draco absolutely adored Ara with every cell in his being, and that was putting it lightly.

Regulus watched with soft eyes as Ara laughed at something Draco had said, making the latter's skin turn a wonderful shade of red.

"Has he still got a childhood crush on her?" Regulus mused out loud.

Narcissa laughed. "Oh yes, big time. He'll grow out of it in a few years but I'm sure she'll always hold the title of his favourite relative." She answered, making Regulus chuckle.

Little Draco's relationship with Ara was very special. She seemed to prioritise him more than everybody and anything else and always gave him her very full attention, something Draco loved. She laughed at all his jokes (even if they weren't particularly funny), would tell him stories and buy him whatever he wanted (Narcissa had joked that she spoilt him even more than Lucius did) and would play whatever he wanted with a smile on her beautiful face.

Draco would tell anybody who would listen about how famed war-hero and the recipient of Order of Merlin First Class, Unspeakable Ara was his aunt and would go on and list all of the qualities he loved about her. And sometimes, if he was feeling extremely happy, would also add that the war-hero, recipient of Order of Merlin First Class and Puddlemere United seeker who was to play for the Welsh National Quidditch Team at the World Cups the following year, Regulus Black, was also his uncle.

"I think I'm going to ask her to marry me," Regulus told Narcissa, who pursed her lips in confusion.

"Aren't you both already married?"

"I meant that we should have a proper wedding, Cissa," Regulus said, amending his words. "You said it yourself, an elopement counts as a marriage, not a wedding. So I was thinking we should have a grand wedding this year. It can also be considered as a vow renewing ceremony." He explained before adding, "Draco can finally be the ring bearer."

His answer seemed to satisfy Narcissa, who nodded and replied, "Okay. I'll start planning it", with an excited smile.

Regulus fought the urge to exhale a relieved breath and instead turned to see Ara and Draco playing again.

Ara caught his eye and gave him a wink, before continuing to listen to Draco ramble about how Adhara Potter was clearly cheating in Quidditch because there was no way she could catch the snitch so fast.

~ THE END ~