Chapter 15: No

(Gibbs Pov)

The whole crowd went silent, as Fito fell. Shane was boiling mad and looked to David.

"You son of a bitch!" He yelled. David looked to him confused.

"It wasnt my fault!"

Shane pulled his sig from his belt loop and cocked it back.

"Then you won't mind if I make it even" he snarled. Shane pointed the gun down at rogue, she snarled and looked up at him.

(Rogues pov)

I heard a gun click to my right, I looked up and noticed the man and his friend. I snarled loudly, edging him on. I finally noticed Gibbs just behind them.

Why was he with them?

"Traitor!" I barked at him. Shane held the gun tightly and aimed it at my head, I stared him down waiting for him to pull it.

He squeezed the trigger and as soon as the gun went off the place was stormed by the police...

(Gibbs pov)

Shane had the gun aimed, all he had to do was pull the trigger. Rogue didn't move, she stood still like she was ready for the end. She looked past shane and noticed me, her eyes softened just for a moment before she barked at me.

"Police, everyone on the floor!" A yell came. Shane was caught by suprise and I took the moment to run at him and push him to the ground. The gun went off and I climbed ontop of him.

He struggled and tried to swing at my face. I grabbed his wrist and twisted him over, quickly pulling my handcuffs out. I was about to restrain him when a piece of rope flew over my head and wrapped around my throat. I let shane go and grasped the rope.

"You fucking pig" David yelled as he strangled me. I pulled myself up to my feet, gasping for air. I couldn't get out of it, I tried to reach for david but he was to far.

(Tonys Pov)

The police quickly stormed the barn, causing everyone to go into panic. In the swarm of people, I watched as Gibbs tackled the man next to him, the gun in his hand went off.

I hit a hard adrenaline rush, I shoved my way through the crowd of people as fast as I could.

"Move! Get out of my way!" I yelled, shoving people to the ground. When I finally arrived to gibbs, he was being strangled by david. I ran up to David and tackled him to the ground. Gibbs was let go and scrambled over to the other man, quickly handcuffing him.

David elbowed me in the stomach,but I didn't let him go. I punched him in the face and then flipped him over, restraining his hands behind his back. I sat back and took in a deep breath. Gibbs hoisted the man up and I grabbed David, bringing him to his feet.

"I told you my dog could take you down" Gibbs whispered in the mans ear.

"Agent Gibbs" a police officer called, as he came over.

"Take these bastards" Gibbs stated as he handed the man and David over to the police officer. The officer quickly lead them away.

I ran over to the side of the pit and looked down, rogue was lying down on her side in the dirt. My heart stopped.

(Rogues pov)

The gun went off and I felt a shearing pain go through my chest. I instantly fell to the ground, by the force of the blow.

"Rogue!" Peanut barked, he ran over to me, fear in his eyes. I whined and squeezed my eyes shut, enduring the pain.

"Rogue, don't leave me" he whispered, his eyes started to water. I opened my eyes again and watched as people started to come into the pit. They had ASPCA jackets on and poles with lines on them, in their hands. Two of them cornered the dachshund and beagle and the other started towards peanut and I.

"Here puppy" the woman called, for peanut. He whined and backed up into my fur. She came closer and reached out with her hand.

I sat up and snapped at her "back off!"

She jumped backwards and recoiled her hand.

"I'm gonna need help over here!" She called. More people came into the pit and walked towards peanut and I. I growled and barred my teeth.

"Easy girl" the woman spoke calmly. One of the men reached out with his pole, trying to put the wire around my head. I growled and barked at him.

"Woah guys, I got it" a voice spoke up from behind them. They moved out of the way and I saw Gibbs walk foward.

"Hey girl, remember me?" He asked. I stopped growling and perked my ears up.

"Thats it, easy now" gibbs stated as he slowly walked foward. He bent down at my side and looked at my chest. "Thats a good girl" he whispered. I whined and looked at peanut.

"This is Gibbs, he'll help you alright"

Peanut nodded and slowly walked over to him.

"Hey buddy" he greeted peanut. My eyes started to get heavy and I let out a sigh before flopping to the ground.

"Rogue? Rogue stay with me" Gibbs voice faded.

(Gibbs pov)

I was petting the little chihuahua when rogue passed out.

"Rogue? Rogue stay with me" I spoke loudly. "I need a medic over here!" I yelled. A team of people came over with a small stretcher and hoisted rogue onto it. Then proceeded to pick her up and take her out. I looked down at the shaking chihuahua and sighed before picking him up.

"I can take him off your hands for you" a woman stated, as she walked up to me.

"Its alright I got him" I replied. I walked past her and followed rogue out.

(Rogues pov)

I slowly opened my eyes to the blinding light. What was that smell? I blinked a few times focusing on my surroundings. Hey I know this place!

I picked up my head and looked around, I was at gibbs house upon a large bed on the floor. I whined as I slowly sat up. My chest felt tight and so did my leg. I looked down to see a white wrapping around my leg and chest.

Well at least I'm not dead. My mind was a bit fuzzy, but I slowly started to recall what had happened.

Peanut!

I stood up as fast as I could, which was a bad idea. A sharp pain instantly shot through my chest and down my spine. I winced and stood for a few minutes, before taking a step forwad. I quickly found that I couldn't put any weight on my back leg. So I basically limped to the kitchen, to check things out.

Well no sign of gibbs. I limped around and sniffed the ground, he was here jsut a few minutes ago. I followed the smell to the basement door and stopped. Not only could I physically not go down there, but I wasn't mentally prepared. With all my bad experiences with basements.

I sat down slowly and barked at the door. I heard something clatter to the ground and then a whisper.

"Damn it" a few seconds later there was footsteps pounding up the stairs, the door opened and there he was.

"You made me drop my saw" he stated. I whined and he smiled, before rubbing my head.

"Since your up might as well, give you your medication" gibbs spoke.

"Wheres peanut?" I whined.

"Nu uh, doctors orders" he added, as he walked over to the kitchen counter and unscrewed a bottle. "Want it cold turkey or with something?" He called back. I stood up and limped over to him.

"I'll wrap it in some turkey"

Gibbs open the fridge door and pulled out a package of meat. I licked my chops and sat down, waiting patiently. He rolled something up in it and then handed it to me. I quickly ate it, not even bothering to chew.

"Atta girl" he payted my head. "Now go on, back to bed you need some rest"

"No, what i NEED is someone to tell me what happened to peanut" I barked.

"What?" He asked, looking at me confused.

"Oh for crying out loud"I whined. I trotted back to the large bed and layed down. I just hoped peanut was ok.