ONE

01 | sneaky kisses and raspberry smiles.

Taehyung and Jisoo fell for each other harder than a slip on black ice.

Taehyung was funny, always cracking jokes, and Jisoo had him in stitches in every date.

Taehyung, a sixteen year old boy who collected rose petals and bee's wings in his polo pocket who dug his pocket knife deeper with each word said by his bully; and Jisoo, who had an immaculate love for rabbits, who sang Pavarotti on annual day of school, who cried when a boy plucked the feathers off of the school parrot.

Apple cheeks, and apricot smiles, foreign souls entrapped. The first time they snuck out of school as a couple, Taehyung traced Jisoo's plump lips and ran his hands through the black meadow where he was lost in her forever. Taehyung was dreamy so they sat beside the bushes and Jisoo could see the angels dancing with demons and get cocoa irises melted with Taehyung's deep grey as he pulled her closer and grabbed her soul, wanting to take in every depth of her until she held tight to the bushes some leaves fell off. Taehyung kissed Jisoo's hands and they smelled strawberries, Jisoo inhaled Taehyung's scent and it was like mint whiskey.

They were so infactuated. So, so infactuated.

"Jisoo-ah!! I'm here! Are you ready? We have a date" Taehyung said as he stood by the porch, calling for Jisoo and Jisoo came down running wearing one heel and the other in her hand, wearing a floral dress, her breath smelling of fresh strawberries. "I'm here, V," she said, smiling.

Their dates had always been cracking sidewalks and watery sunshine that struggled past the clouds. They had made several loops of their block, how many neither of them can recall. On the first few circuits the talk had been shy, almost becoming familiar and then each of them backing away.

Another few circuits and they knew more about one another than many members of their own family, their fingers entwined in a loose grip. On the final loop around Taehyung had pulled Jisoo close into a kiss that stopped all her anxious thoughts dead in their tracks.

One kiss and they knew this was all they were searching for.

Jisoo traced his lip lightly with the tip of her finger. It pouts slightly, and she had such an urge to bite it, to kiss it, to wrap them up in a quilt and listen to their gentle breathing, watching the cotton ripple like skipping stones and sharing crooked smiles. His lip felt slightly chapped under her feather light touches but Jisoo simply cannot bring herself to give a damn.

Jisoo gazed so intently at each divot of that lip, as if it could map out ancient seas and college plans and tell her everything she doesn't know. And no, she doesn't want to look up. Because if she does, she might find herself at the mercy of questioning eyes, pleading, begging to know what was she doing, and she's not at liberty to say because she simply does not know. Does she love Taehyung? She cannot form an answer with her lips because she is so focused on his.

"I love you." Taehyung said as he proposed Jisoo, five years in, both of them signed together in a ring. Jisoo was happy, She was beaming. sometimes in life, the puzzle is already solved, just someone is needed to confirm it. She got that confirmation from Taehyung.

Jisoo was volatile and infected with Taehyung's sins, but she was lilac rose and Taehyung was magnolia summer, a perfect match for each other.

Oh how they loved each other.