Chapter 3

“We didn't have a choice, we didn't want you growing up in our lifestyle. We wanted you to have the most normal childhood as possible” my mother was the first to speak up as she rests a hand on my shoulder. “What kind of lifestyle?” I hesitantly asked, not entirely sure that I wanted to know the answer. “Mafia” Papa said with a slight wince as if he thought I was going to either hit him or freak out. 

“Why am I not surprised?” looking at the confusion that was on their faces I continued “you guys give off similar vibes to those I used to be involved with when I did fighting” and as quick as anything the confusion flashed to a mix of shock and surprise. “WHAT!!” Papa stands looking ragged but I ignore him as I turn and focus on Angelica who had started to cry, loud noises always did that to her. Picking her into my arms I rock her gently while sending a glare to Papa. Sensing that he should back down he quickly sits down and looks at the ground as it's suddenly become the most fascinating thing in the world. Good choice. Once angelica had quiettend down I faced him once more. “I used to fight in the Underworld, I kept my real identity a secret though” I told him.

The underworld is one of the most dangerous underground fighting rings, I never used my real name and always wore a mask so no one knew who I truly was. The only link anyone had was the phoenix tattoo on my thigh that was revealed once during a match.

“What was your fighter name?”  Rome asked. Knowing now what they are all involved in I knew that they would have been linked into all of the underworld gossip “The blood  phoenix” now it was my turn to wince, not knowing what their reactions would be. After a minute of silence I look at every single one of their faces. They all looked like they had seen a ghost. 

Caesar was the first to speak up “you're the blood phoenix. How is that possible? Each and every one has seen you fight multiple times.” Seeing everyone nod in agreement I place Angelica in my grandmas arms this time before standing up and unbuttoning my jeans ignoring their questions. Pulling the side of my jeans down to show my thigh, the phoenix in full display for them to see. 

“Believe me know?” they all nod once more, pulling my jeans back up I sit back down and prepare myself for the questions that are about to be thrown my way.  

Luckily for me I’m saved from answering any of them by my work phone ringing. Knowing that no one would call me unless it was an emergency I quickly grabbed it out of my bag and answered it. “Michaels” my tone is clipped and business like once again. My assistant's voice rings out “sorry to interrupt your day of Miss, but there was a small fire in the server room B. It has been put out and no damage was done but now the whole server is down.” Josh sounds worried and with every right. Server room B contained all our most active servers in the entire building. Sighing heavily I pinch the bridge of my nose while closing my eyes. “I’ll be there in 30” hanging up without saying anything else I tell everyone to stay as I run up the stairs to get changed.

Stripping out of my outfit I quickly slip on a plain knee length black bodycon, scooped neck dress with capped sleeves and a pair of black platform stilettos. Picking up my laptop bag and sunglasses I head back and look over at everyone else. Ignoring the three new people in my house I walk out telling them all to follow me. Mum sped walks up to me and climbs into my car, strapping Angelica into her booster seat. Smiling back at them I pass my little girl her rattle and drive off checking that they were all following behind me. 

Parking outside I step out slipping on my sunglasses. The moment my shoes touch the sidewalk security is around me shielding me from the flash of a couple of cameras. Paparazzi just didn’t know when to stop. Once I finally make it inside I look behind me to find everyone else. Turning the three new people I look at them taking the hint they explain who they are. “we are friends of your father” studying them I look at the one who spoke in the eye “friends or business partners” the look on his face is enough to answer enough. Turning around I walk to my office motioning for them to come with me as I ignore the employees that greet me on the way. Strolling into my office I sit in my chair I power up my laptop and get to work. “Shut the door”

While I type away I start to explain  what had happened, “my main server room overheated and caused a small fire, it was fixed but the server is still down so I have to reprogram the whole thing.”

After 2 hours another green tea is placed in front of me. Looking up I nod in thanks to Josh which he returns with a smile before handing out food and drinks to the other. Typing the last of the coding in I hit reset before standing up and going over to Angelica, who was currently in Romans arms. Lifting her into the air I blow air onto her belly causing her to squeal while trying to grab my hair. Kissing her head I sit back down sliding the top of my dress aside to feed her I had figured out a couple of weeks after having her how to feed her around others without flashing them.

“Sorry about that guys, I didn’t think it would take that long, anyway you three didn’t give me your names” the eldest one speaks first as I pick up my tea, still feeding Angelica . “No apologies needed, my name is Lucifer Belikov this is my son, Ace, and my grandson Damien.” nodding at them I pull my dress back up since Angelica had finished and placed her in her great grandfather's arms. While I was coding I had noticed that all my family had taken turns to hold her all except him.

Checking the time I realised that they all must be hungry as it's now 7pm before I could ask what they all wanted to do for dinner my Adopted parents walk in.