Chapter 16

-Family Dinner-

The following weekend we arranged to go back to Chris's house for the family dinner that we had previously arranged

The following weekend we arranged to go back to Chris's house for the family dinner that we had previously arranged. Despite the fact that we offered our house, Mrs. Miller insisted that we better have it in her house.

I never expect something like this to happen, that the Carter and Miller families were together.

Chris told me that it would be something casual and not to worry so much about how I should dress but the truth is that he doesn't know anything about how females we can become, no matter what the occasion is we can never decide what clothes to wear.  

However, at the end I decided to wear a white blouse and jeans, something too casual.

Chris calls me right away.

—Hello?—I pick up

—Hey beautiful, are you coming?—he ask

—I'm already leaving, see you — we said goodbye to hang up the call.

Later we arrived at Chris's house.  Mrs.Miller welcomes us with great joy. Chris comes down from his room and greets me by kissing me.

—Hi, how are you?—asks showing his radiant smile

—I'm fine, what about you?

—Yeah, me too, thanks—we exchange an smile

We go to the dining room where my parents end up talking with Mrs. Miller, Carolina talks with my sister Sabrina and me with Chris at the garden.

—Are you going on vacation, beautiful?—He asks

—Yes, I'll go to Santa Monica, and you?

—That's amazing, I've heard that it's beautiful. My mother said that maybe we'll go see an aunt in Florida.

—I've never been to Florida, is it beautiful?—I ask curious

—Yes, too much

After chatting with Chris. Carolina and I talk in the living room to get to know each other better.

—And tell me Sarah, what do you like to do in your free time?—she asks

—I like listening to music, most of the time I do, I like to read and watch movies or series. And you?—I smile kindly

—I like to travel, to go out with my friends and especially something that I love is riding a horse.

—That's great

—And do you practice any sports?—she questions 

—Tennis and Volleyball. But definitely Tennis is better— this sport has always caught my attention of how they play with the racket and everything else is simply something that relaxes me too much—. And do you play any sport?—I ask

—I play golf but I like riding better. You should come with me one day, it's so great, I can teach you.

—Sure, I'd love to—I smile from ear to ear

—Okay, I'll call you soon, you'll relax a lot—says winking at me.

I must admit that I am excited to spend time with Carolina despite everything she's a very funny girl.

We spend a lot of time talking and we finally leave the Millers' house at 10 PM.

When I arrived home, Zoey texted me.

How was your day at Chris's house?

Very well, why? Haha

I just wanted to know...See you soon😉

But now what happens to Zoey? Crazy.  Anyway, today was another great weekend, with days like this I literally forget everything.

Ironically so far I remembered that tomorrow is my birthday. Anyhow, it's only one more year, it's something that doesn't matter now.

Later I endup watching movies and I slept at 2 AM once again.  We'll see how the day goes tomorrow.