Vingt Quatre

We pulled up the our home

We pulled up the our home. A Home I haven't seen in what felt like months. The fresh air smelled good. Seeing the windows and the green grass. I seen the toys in the yard knowing my daughter left them there.

She had never been away from me for a few days let alone a month.

Or my infant son. Whose name I dont even want to recite. I dont want to hate my son because of his name but I cant call him that anymore.

"Jasmyn, we here. You ready?"
"Yea," I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

Justin came to my side and helped me out.

If he could, he would just carry me to the door but I insisted on walking.

"I gotchu," Megan said coming to me and wrapping her arm around my waist.

"One step at a time"

We didnt even make it onto the porch before the door flung open and Kylie came running out

"JASMYN," she ran towards me hugging me real tight.

Her face was red and her eyes were puffy. This was my best friend

"I fucking missed you sister. I love you"
"I love you too," I said hugging you back.

"I dont know what I was gonna do if I lost you," she said wiping her face and hugging me again.

Me and my sister bumped heads time to time but I was all she had.

"Im here and I ain going nowhere, I promise"

"MOMMYYYY,"

Thats the voice I wanted to hear. My baby girl.

Kylie moved to the side and Haylie ran right into my arms.

"I misthed you mommy. Where were you?"
"It doesn't matter. Im back now baby girl and Im not leaving you again"
"Why are you crying?"
"I just missed you thats all," I said kissing her cheeks and hugging her again.

"Bubba is sleep but mommy he been tryna walk now," she said playing with my curls as we walked into the house.

"I hearddd and Mama told me you've been a good girl for her and Auntie Kylie"
"Yeth I have," she said smiling at me

"So when mommy feels better, Im gonna take you out. Just me and you and we can do WHATEVERRR you want. That sounds cool?"
"YESSSS. Can mama come?"
"of course she can," I said looking back at Megan.

She gave us a smile but I could tell she was exhausted.
"YAYYY," she said jumping down before running over to her table and continuing whatever she was doing.

"Where is bubba?"
"He's sleep, been knocked out all day. He has a fever and isn't feeling that well," Kylie said to me before hugging me again, "Im so happy you are safe and home man"