Chapter 3

{Kai's POV}

I think I'm going to like it here. They actually took me in and there are people my age! Hopefully I can get along with everyone especially, Aliyah she seems cool. Jinora also seems nice but I need to be careful, I don't to upset Aliyah.

We made it to an entrance and she motions for me to come.

{Aliyah's POV}

Kai was quite for once, it wasn't awkward it was calming. We made it to the entrance of the balcony so I motioned first Kai to come. Oogi was flying so I waved him down and began to pet him. Kai was nervous, I could tell, even though Oogi was very affectionate he could be intimidating.

I walked over to Kai and grabbed his hand. I then placed it on top of Oogi's fur. I held it for a bit until he became comfortable. I let go and continued to pet him Oogi. I looked over to at Kai, he was so happy. It was quite contagious, I smiled as well.

Jinora came up to the balcony a little later

"There you guys are! Kai we need to practice a Uncle Bumi is already ready. Aliyah you're free to join and watch us."

"Ok, we're coming." Kai and I said together.

I gave him a confused look. "How did we do that?" I asked.

Kai just shrugged and we continued to walk catching up to Jinora. That's when I caught Jinora giving me a sly smirk. We started giving each other looks, communicating with out words.

'What?' I asked

'Oh you know' Jinora countered

'No, I actually don't'

'You know what. I'll just leave it alone for now'

'Good'

Kai just stood there utterly confused but said nothing. We walked out to the 'training platform' I sat next to Jinora while she yelled out pointers.

"Remember Uncle Bumi the goal is to be quick and evasive." Jinora stated

"Don't worry, this isn't my first scrap." Uncle Bumi said while he got in a fighting position.

Kai and Uncle Bumi circle around each other. The battle was finished quickly when Kai did a spin move bending the air to knock Uncle Bumi down.

"Good Job Kai! Nice try Uncle Bumi." Jinora said

I just gave them a thumbs up. Kai began to beam again. I sighed and returned with a small smile. He began to get hyper again, how does he have this much energy to get hyper this quickly. The two continued to spar until we landed in Ba Sing Se.

The queen's advisor welcomed us and brought us to our rooms. I noticed Kai started breaking away from the group. What is this boy up to? I noticed he started using airbending. Picking up the signs he was going to do something, I began following him, but I forgot to tell anyone else.

~~With that Gang~~~
{3rd person POV}

Once everyone settled into their rooms they began discussing various items. Korra was planning on searching the city with Asami for airbenders once the queen approves. Mako and Bolin we're going to try and find their family. Jinora was going to catch-up on some reading, when she realized.

"Guys? We are missing two. Where is Aliyah and Kai?" Jinira asked

They began looking around and found no one.

"Bolin and I will go looking for them." Mako state's as he dragged Bolin who was protesting.

~~~With Aliyah~~~~

I followed Kai throughout the upper ring. Every time he would steal I would slip the amount back in. This boy is going to cost me a fortune. This went one for quite a while until Mako and Bolin showed up.

"Kai! Aliyah! Wait, Kai I see you stop!" Making yelled. They began to chase Kai.

Guess I have to follow them. Do they not know how to catch someone? I used eartbending to easily slip by and catch up to Kai. We lost them once we entered the train. It was getting late so Kai entered a hotel. I paid for a couple of fruits for me and Indri.

I created a small dome with a rock pillow and laid down. "Night, Indri."

____________________________

I was woken up by the sun. "Guess it's time to get up, huh Indri?" I said

I got a few more fruits for us and fed Indri. It was quite peaceful until I heard a small commotion. Kai. I ran to follow Kai who sneaked into an alley way. He turned and saw me.

"H-hey Aliyah. Looking good." Kai said nervously

I put my finger to my lips to shush him and walked closer to him. I sensed the movements. Kai nodded and looked back, two Dai Lee agents surrounded us. The one in front of us sent a hand at us which I broke through. They kept attacking on both sides, it was to overwhelming. I couldn't protect the both of us at the same time. The agent got my shoulder and then they got Kai.

"Aliyah!" He yelled.

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.